Chapter 16

Liam Moore's POV

"Get off me you prick! Can't you see your sister is unconscious?" I shout, forcefully pushing him away. Travis was completely oblivious of his sister's motionless body on the floor, but when he did look, he froze at the sight as did Derick. The only reason I noticed is because when Travis punched me in the stomach before, I bent over in pain and glanced over at her. That's when I saw her, as if it was happening all in slow motion, her body going limp, her eyes rolling to the back of her head and then, just collapsing to the floor. That's when in pure panic I shouted out her name and pushed Travis off me, but she didn't move or answer, she was just laying there, motionless and lifeless. I suddenly felt a warning chill running down my spine and I couldn't move, all my mind kept on doing, was replaying the scene over and over again in my head, like a visual echo and it was torture.

"Is... Is she... dead?" Derick asks stuttering his words out and snapping me back into reality. DEAD? Nichole dead? No, no, no! This is not happening, not to her, please God don't take her away from me! I beg to myself. I rush to her side and when I saw her chest rise and fall, I let out a breath I didn't even notice I was holding onto. I was relieved but angry at the same time, I wanted to punch her brother for even saying such a thin and scaring the shit out me, but I didn't and only looked at her, while she breathed slowly and steadily. "No you fucking prick! She's not dead, she's breathing but she does need medical attention, so call a fucking ambulance, NOW!!!" I shout angrily. For that one split second, he scared the living day lights out of me, the mere thought of her being gone broke me, I can't loose her now, I just found someone who gets me, cares for me like no other person has in my entire life and I know it's selfish of me to think this way, but I need her, she is literally the only good thing in my life. From the moment I met her, I felt attracted to her but could do nothing about it as she was off limits, her brothers made sure of that with any boys who so much as paid too much attention to her. She was a no go area and like many others, you always want what you can't have and I wanted her. At first it was just a physical and sexual attraction, she is beautiful after all, but when I actually got to know her, it became more, much more than I even expected. She could read me like a book and it was unnerving, it scared me but at the same time it made me feel safe and understood. When dad was strangling me, I saw my life slipping away and once upon a time I wouldn't have cared, in fact I would have welcomed it, but not now, not when I had someone who cared for me and when I saw her charging at my father, I thought I was dreaming or dead already, but she was there, shielding me, protecting me and when I held onto her, I knew she was real and I was safe.

I look down at her and take her small hand in mine, with the other I stroke her face and carefully check her over. She was breathing like I told Derick and that alone was a good sign, but as soon as I saw the blood spilling from the back of her head, my relief faded instantly and was replaced by fear and panic again. "Derick man, please tell me that you have called the ambulance and that they are on their way?!" I ask from over my shoulder. "Nah man, not yet. I don't know the number so I'm googling it!" I hear him say and I immediately turn my head around in disbelief. He's one of my best friends, but I never expected him to be this thick. How can this idiot not know the emergency line? Is he for real? "Are you fucking kidding me? It's 999 you dip shit, now hurry up!" I shout loosing my patience. "Okay, okay!" he says too calmly, but I ignore him and focus back on Nichole and whisper to her, "Nicky? Hang in there, everything is going to be okay" and I hope I'm right.

I am suddenly yanked away from her by two hands grabbing me by the back of my shoulders, I knew straight away who it was and when I turned to look at him, he was angry and scared. "Get away from her! This is all your fault!" He says and takes my place sitting beside her, his hands hovering above her body, but too afraid to touch her. "My fault? I'm not the one who slapped her, you did!" I shout back now angry at him for hurting my girl, his sister but my girl who I now hold dear like no other. I take a deep calming breath, this was not the time to start arguing again, she needs all of us. "Look mate, just don't move her okay? We need to wait for the ambulance and they'll know what to do" I advise him. "Why not?" He asks curiously. "Because she's bleeding from the head and we don't know if moving her is going to make things worse!" I say back to him. I'm no doctor, but I've been bashed about often enough to know that with head injuries, it's best to leave it in the hands of professionals.