Chapter 18

When he said those few words to me, I couldn't help but wonder what he had in mind. Was he planning to do more kinky stuff to me while we were here on our own in this room? Did he forget that I was still hooked to this damn heart monitor that beeps like a freaking alarm when my heart gets a little too excited? God I hope not, that would be humiliating, especially if the nurse busted us while I was in the middle of an orgasm. I shake my head at the mere thought and refocus my attention back to Liam.

"So what do you have in mind?" I asked looking at him and eagerly awaiting for his response. "Well, I was thinking of going to the KFC round the corner from here and getting us some food for starters, scene as you missed the dinner lady and her hospital 'Gourmet Food'", he says emphasizing in a mocking way the last words. Well I wasn't expecting that and I immediately scold myself for having dirty thoughts."How could you guys not wake me up for that?"I shake my head in fake outrage and try my best to match his humorous tone by continuing to say in my best snooty posh voice, "That is just unforgivable, how could you guys make me miss such lavish dinning?!"

We both have laugh at my poor excuse for a come back and then he asks:

"Jokes aside, are you hungry?"

"I'm famished"I say back to him and it's true. I haven't eaten properly in days, but I won't tell him that, because I'll just look pathetic especially if he knows why. I spent days worrying about what happened over the weekend and I won't dwell on it any further. We are in a good place right now and that's were I want to stay however long it may last.

"Okay I'll just check with the nurse whether you're allowed food and if all good, I'll be off"I nod in agreement and watch him as he leaves the room with a smile and a quick wave.

It's been over two hours since he left to get food and I am now starting to get worried. I've been waiting here playing with my phone to pass the time, occasionally checking the time too and I've tried not to overthink things as to why he's not back yet, but this is taking the piss. It's a fast food restaurant for god's sake, it doesn't take this long to order food and come back. In all honesty, I couldn't even care less about the KFC anyway; I just want to know that he's ok. I mean, did something happen to him? Did he have an accident? Did he run into trouble? Did his father come here and drag him back home to beat him again? The list of worries keeps piling up and my head is starting to hurt again. I need to calm down, I'm sure when he does eventually walk through those doors, he will have a good explanation. Wont he?

Time keeps ticking away and every minute that goes by feels like hours. As I sit here waiting for the third hour to strike, I make the decision to call my brothers. I ring Travis's phone first and get the voice mail, so I try Derrick's number. "Welcome to the O2 messaging service, the person you are calling is unable to take your call..." I hang up straight away after hearing yet again another automated answering service and as there is no point in leaving a message anyway. What would I even say? 'Oh hey is Liam with you? As far as they know, he was here with me, so that would only lead to questions I'm unable to give answers to right nowand I don't want them to get mad at him for leaving me alone.

I would have called Liam directly, but I don't actually have his number and he definitely doesn't have mine. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have exchanged numbers before he left and now that I think about it, we should have done it much sooner as in like when we got together in the first place, but that didn't happen. Sitting here alone with only my horrid thoughts to keep me company and that damn annoying heart monitor beeping away, is driving me insane, I need to get out of this room and at least walk around otherwise I may get sectioned for loosing the plot completely. I unclip my finger from the machine and twist my body around to the edge of the bed and as I place my bare feet to the tiled floor, my feet recoil at the cold touch. Thankfully my mother left me a pair of slippers as well as a bag full of necessities and a change of clothes. I slip into my slippers and leave the bag, as I can't change into anything while still hooked to the IV and head for the door.