5

Monday

I sighed and rested my head on my desk. Let's just say I had a rough night. I completely forgot that my English essay was due today. So I woke up at around 1am and worked on it until 3am.

I'm probably gonna get an f since I write down random pieces of information. I would talk to Mrs. Ran about giving me an extension but she tell me it's not fair for the others.

"Class has begun, phones away, eyes to the front!"

Everyone stopped chatting and put their attention on the teacher. All I kept thinking about was the essay that I did last minute.

She began going around collecting them and began to feel better when I noticed I wasn't the only one who did it late.

"We had homework?" I heard from behind me.

"Sadly yes, it was that essay assignment." I said as I turn around to face him. He looked confused.

"I'm guessing you don't know what I'm talking about?" I asked then he shakes his head.

"I do remember her telling me to get something done, but I wasn't paying attention." He said. I shake my head and turn back around.

Mrs. Ran picks up my paper and flashes a smile at me. Her smile faded as her gaze is held behind me.

"Darius don't tell me you didn't do the essay." She says to Darius.

"Nope, I was busy." He said. Mrs. Ran shoots him a glare and doesn't say anything. She just walks back to her desk and tells us to work on the following questions on the board.

"Geez what's her problem?" Darius said. I turn around.

"Hm I don't know, maybe your giving her a really hard time." I say.

"How, all I do I sit here and mind my business."

"I'm talking about not doing your work." I roll my eyes.

"Why should I do homework when I sit my ass at school for 6 hours?" He said. I just turn around did my work.

After class Mrs. Ran called Me and Darius to stick around. Uh oh. I knew she was going to be angry at my messy essay. I shouldn't of watched all those movies with Justine. My mind was so distracted. Now I'm not going to graduate because I'll be stuck in junior year forever.

"Is there a problem?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah cause I really have somewhere to be." Darius says impatiently.

"This won't take long but this is about your work Desiree." She said. I knew it.

"Look I'm sorry about the essay but I kinda forgot about it during the weekend, not that I was busy or anything but I was a little distracted. I worked on it last night though and I'm really sorry again if you don't understand it, I forgot my books in my locker so I had to use what I had left in my brain. I totally understand if I failed but if you can give me another chance I'll do a better job on it, I promise." My words came out so quick I don't think she understood.

"Um ok." Darius snicked next to be.

"Darius." She said making him stop.

"Actually Desiree I read your essay and thought you did really great on it. You got a 95." She said with a wide smile. Hold up.

"Really?" I said confused but with excitement.

"Yup, highest mark in the class to. Well done, especially for someone who did it last minute." She said. This must've been some type of joke.