17

The next day

The alarm rang loudly in my ear. I opened my eyes and turned it off.

"Justine wake up." I shook her lightly.

"Four more minutes." She groaned and turned the other way.

"Nope wake up or you'll have to walk to school." I say making her sit up fast.

I laughed and we both went to the washroom to do our hygiene. After that I dressed her and she made her way to ma's room to do her hair.

Since it's November it was getting colder out. I wore black jeans with a yellow long sleeved top. I put on my regular Nike and applied a bit of makeup.

I didn't have time to straighten my hair so I put it up in a high bun.

I grabbed my stuff and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning." I said to my parents as they ate breakfast.

"Good morning. You look nice." Ma said.

"Who you dressing up for?" My dad asked.

"Nobody dad." I laughed

"Ken can't you let her be beautiful without thinking it's for attention." Ma said and I nodded.

"Well she usually dresses laid back." He shrugged.

"I got fashion too dad." I say.

"Me too. All the girls always want to borrow my sweater." Justine said.

"Do you let them?" Ma asked.

"No, I don't want to be sick again." She said. We all laughed and finished our breakfast.

"We gotta go." I say.

"After school we would like to talk to you Des." Man said.

"You guys aren't working?" I asked.

"We are, we'll be home early." Dad said.

"Yes!" Justine cheered.

"Okay, see y'all later then." I kissed their cheeks and Justine did the same.

I grabbed bag and phone and we went outside to my car. Iyan was already waiting by the passenger side.

"Damn, black jeans sure does bring your shape out." She said.

"Stop looking at my hips." I said.

"Why not? They don't lie." She said making Justine giggle. We got in the car and drove off.

"But really though. Today you seem to be glowing. Did something happen yesterday night?" She asked.

"You know what happened last night, cause I was in the phone with you and Crystal and Diamond." I say.

"Yeah I know that, but you did leave us for a while." She said.

"Right, lets talk about it when we get to school Yeah?"

"This conversation isn't over." She said.

I dropped off Justine and then shortly we arrived in our school. I parked at the same usually spot and we made our way inside.

We walked to Crystal who was at her locker.

"Hey Crystal, where's Diamond?" I asked.

"Hey. She's running late, apparently she missed her alarm." She said.

"I hate it when that happens." Iyan said.

"Yup. I had to get my uncle to drop me off." She said in disgust.