10

Next day (lunch)

"Listen up everyone!" A random jock stood up on the table making everyone stop talking and look over at him.

"Football tryouts have started so if your interested to not make the cut this year then swing on by! Thank you." He smiled and sat down.

"He's so full of himself. There's a bunch of great football athletes at our school, so does be honestly think they're gonna keep the same team?" Diamond said.

"Even if Odom tried out they wouldn't let him in the team. They prefer the same teammates." Crystal said.

"That's stupid." Iyan said.

"I know, they worry it will bring bad luck and they won't win this years game like they always do." Crystal said.

"I heard there changing the coach, since the other one is coaching for some college team." I said.

"Ugh finally. Mr. Dan was such a pervert. He would make us run faster just to watch our tits bounce." Diamond said making us all choke in our food.

"Nice to know Diamond." I said as I drank my water.

"Honestly." Crystal said.

"Whatever. Anyways there's two weeks till Halloween." Diamond said cheerfully,

"I'm thinking of dressing up as a cat this year." Crystal said.

"Ooh sexy. I might be a lion or Beyoncé." She flipped her hair.

"What are you guys dressing up as?" Crystal asked us. We gave her a dumb look.

"Haven't we told you before we don't celebrate Halloween." Iyan said.

"Oh right I keep forgetting, sorry for asking." Crystal said with a small laugh.

"Why don't you? Your only dressing up and getting candy?" Diamond said.

"Because we're childrens of God and rather have our name in heaven than be thrown in hell for celebrating with the devil." Iyan said and I nodded.

"You don't even have to dress up though." She said.

"Clearly you don't understand what 'we don't celebrate Halloween' means." Iyan said frustrated.

"Sorry I'm just saying. It's just you shouldn't let your parents keep you from having fun." Diamond said.

"It's what we want. We don't want to participate in that kind of stuff so why argue?" I said.

"Never mind then." Diamond mumbled.

"I gotta go, I almost forgot my English teacher wanted to see me." I say as I stand up.

"Want us to come?" Crystal asked.

"No it's ok I'll be back anyways." I said and she nodded.

I left the cafeteria and went upstairs. I walked down the hall into her classroom. I gave her door a knock and she gestured me to come in.

"Hey Desiree how you've been?" She asked.

"I'm alright and yourself?"

"I'm great thanks for asking. I wanted to see you for something." She opened the drawer and pulled out a paper.

"Okay." I slipped in hands in my pocket.

"So this is Darius essay all marked up." She said and I crossed my finger in my hoodie. I haven't spoken to Darius so I was curious on how he did.

"How did he do?" I asked.

"Well, I'm slightly disappointed. He scored a 40 percent." She said. I sighed and couldn't help but groan. I know for a fact he didn't put effort in writing it as well.