12

Monday

I walked in class and took my usual seat. Darius was already seated looking down at his phone and chuckling at something.

Something good hit my nose and I could already tell it was coming from him. Darius always has a good axe smell, but today it was stronger and better.

I brushed it off and opened my books.

"Psst." I heard.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Is it gonna be at my place or yours?" He asked. At first I was confused on what he was talking about then I remembered I had to tutor him today after school.

"Wherever you think your more comfortable with." I said.

"Your saying that like I even been to your place."

"I mean where we would concentrate better."

"Then we'll go with your place." He said.

"Looking forward to having you over." I say sarcastically.

"Why thanks Desiree." He said.

"Whatever, bring your own food and drink cause this isn't a buddy to buddy session." I said.

"How rude would it be for someone to invite a guest without offering food or drink?" He said as he leaned on the desk.

"Not rude at all." I smiled and turned around once the bell rang.

"Today we're starting a new unit and you all will be assigned a monologue project. This project will help with your vocabulary and can increase your reading marks. Also you will be in pairs which I have assigned." Mrs. Ran said and everyone groaned.

"This isn't drama class Mrs. R." Someone said.

"Your right Peter it isn't. But in this English course you must get this done to pass." She said.

I look out the window and thought in my head. This wouldn't be bad. I got nervous though when she said she picked the pairs. I didn't really know much people in our class and I wasn't planning to.

Also if she paired me with Darius then that's double stress on me.

She grabbed a clipboard and put on her glasses. I crossed my fingers and bit my lips. All I can think about is please let it be someone I'd like.

"Let's see here. Starting with Amy, your with Darius." She said. I wanted to laugh. Amy was this nerd girl. She was almost allergic to everything. She wore these big glasses and I don't think she owns any other pair of clothes except that one red sweater and jeans.

"You got to be kidding me." I heard him mumble. I snickered then quickly stopped before he heard me.

"Desiree, your with Ashton." She said and my mouth dropped.

"No way." I whispered. I heard Darius laughing making me turn around and glare at him.

Ashton was way worst than Amy. He was gross and dirty. The only thing that's good about him is his knowledge other than that he's always picking in his noise and has a nasty stench on him.

I did not approve.

"That's a tough one." Darius said.

"I'm not working him, no way." I said.

"Do you think I want to work with her? Looks like everyone can't get their way can they?" He said. I sighed.

I looked across the room at Ashton in disgust. He was already blushing and looked away smiling to himself. Hell to the no.