20

Thursday

Today was the worst day of my life.

Everything was going wrong in so much ways. My car broke down so I had to make dad drive me to school. Iyan, Crystal, and Diamond were all sick which isn't humanly possible.

And while walking home with Justine a stupid bird decided to make my hair a toilet and poop right on it.

I spent a whole hour trying to wash it off. Another hour blow drying since I have thick kinky hair. I didn't want to waste my time straightening it so I just let it be.

Aside from that I haven't heard from Tim since Monday and at this point I think he might've got caught.

I left him a bunch of text messages and called him once every 30 minutes. Where could this guy be?

I sat in bed on my laptop working on a assignment. My mom took Justine out and dad was out working as always. I can't imagine how hard life would be working as much as they do.

My phone buzzed and I quickly checked. I was disappointed when it wasn't Tim. Instead it was Rachel. I haven't talk to her in forever since the whole cheating scandal.

I barely see her in school either, expect sometimes at lunch. When I see her she always looked pale and out of place, like she's sick.

I opened the text and she asked if she could come over. I said sure and she quickly replied indicating she's on her way.

I closed my phone and finished typing my assignment. About 15 minutes later my doorbell rang. I left my room and made my way downstairs to open for her.

I nearly didn't recognize Rachel. Her hair was in a high bun and her skin looked paler than the last time I saw her. Around her eyes was dark and baggy. She looked a mess.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said concerned.

"I'm fine." She said.

"Come in." I gestured her to come inside. I closed the door and I lead her into my living room.

"Rachel you don't look so good." I said.

"I know, I look crazy." She laughed.

"Are you sick? Do you want some Tylenol or water?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I'm not sick, I'm just in a really horrible situation."

"What's going on?"

She looked down and closed her eyes and it seemed like she was stopping herself from crying. She took a deep breath and let a few tears out.

I leaned in to comfort her. This isn't like Rachel. She's usually bubbly and I don't think I've seen her cry. Not even when her and Darius broke up.

"You know how I cheated on Darius for that other guy?" She said.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Well..." She began crying harder and I hugged her tighter giving her more comfort.

"It's ok take your time." I said. She took a deep breath and I pull away.

"Well, he broke up with me."

"Really, why?"

"B-because.." She looked down.

"You don't have to hurt yourself further." I said.

"I just need to tell someone to get it off my chest."

"Was the reason that bad?" I said and she nodded.