28

Rachel was approaching us.

She looked fairly decent. Her hair was down and it looked darker than before. She looked like she picked up a couple pounds.

She really was pregnant I thought.

She wore a long cardigan which hid her belly. She was gorgeous as the wind blew past her hair.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey Rachel." I smiled back and we shared a hug.

"I missed you so much sorry I haven't been texting you, I'm barley on my phone these days." She said. It must've been because of what everyone was saying about her on social media.

"It's fine, how's everything been?" I asked.

"I've been good. I'm getting home school so I'm not missing out on anything." She said.

"That's great, and how's.." I said as I glanced at her belly.

"So far healthy." She smiled and revealed her small bump.

"That's so cute." I awed as I gently rubbed. She laughed.

"How are you Darius?" She said to him. He was on his phone pretending to not acknowledge her presence.

I hit him with my elbow.

"Good." He simply said. She nodded while looking at him awkwardly.

"Anyways how you liking the carnival?" I asked.

"It's cool, but I already want to leave." She said.

"You here with anyone?"

"With a friend." She said as she looked around.

"I should go find him." She said.

"Rachel you came." We heard from behind of us.

I turned around seeing Gina and her friends along with Zane and Scott.

"Hi Gina."

"You look.. Good." Gina said.

"So do you." Rachel said.

"How's the journey going?" She asked.

"It's getting better. I glad I'm not doing it alone." She said.

"I mean that's what family is for right." Gina said.

"Absolutely."

"I was always  there for you Rachel. I was there when you threw up. I was there when you cried on the phone. I was there when you were fucking someone else behind Darius' back." Gina said.

Rachel looked at her in shocked and I looked at her in disbelief.

"What?" Rachel said.

"Cut the slack Rachel. Can't you see that your not wanted. All you ever did was stab people on that back and be a hoe. Now look at you, you don't even know who the father is." Gina said.

Everyone was quiet. Rachel's eyes became watery.

"How could you say something like that, I thought we were friends." She said.

"We were as in past tense. We have nothing in common. I can't be friends with someone like you." Gina said.

"Stop causing a scene." I said.

"Well look who's talking. Rachel do you know that this was her plan all along? To get rid you you and have Darius wrapped tight about her fingers." Gina said.

"Shut up Gina, this has nothing to do with Des." Darius said.

"I'm saying this for your own good Darius. If you think she's different from any other girl you dated, you are certainly wrong." She said.