16

2 weeks later

The last two weeks has been really dry. Nothing special or important happened. I've been more busy with school, specifically working with Darius.

Ever since the fight, Darius hasn't been the same. He's not as talkative and most of the time we work in silence. He did his essay and handed it yesterday, hopefully this time he'll score a higher mark.

In terms of our monologue project, we're presenting it tomorrow in class and I think we're gonna do good.

Outside of school home is home. I've been getting closer with Trent, he even met my parents the other day. My dad was very concerned with our relationship but my mom didn't mind as long as I didn't do anything I wasn't supposed to.

Right now I was sitting in English class working on the project with Darius, in silent. I looked over at him seeing him writing on his paper. I look away debating if I should start conversation.

"Do you wanna practice reading?" I asked.

"I'm good." He said. I nodded.

"I tried." I mumbled. He stopped writing and looked over at me.

"What?" He said.

"Huh?" I looked back at him.

"Tried what?" He asked.

"Nothing, forget it." I shake off. He continued to look at me. His staring made me feel nervous and it sent shivers down my spine.

He looked away and pulled out his book.

"Fine let's practice." He said.

"Why the sudden change of mind?" I asked. He sighed.

"Because I don't want to fail." He said. I nodded and pulled out my book and began reading our parts.

After reading we closed our books and tried memorizing the lines. Darius was struggling so he kept going back to the book.

"I thought you memorized every line?" I asked.

"When you have a lot of shit running through your mind it makes it hard to do that." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Sorry, I was just asking." I said.

"I know. I just haven't been myself."

"I understand." I say.

He work in silent making me feel a bit awkward. I never asked him about the fight and I don't plan on it either. As for Rachel, I don't see her much unless if it's in the cafeteria, but not all the time.

The bell rang and we stood up getting our books.

"Later." He said before leaving.

"Yeah later." I say to myself. I wave bye to Mrs. Ran and leave the classroom. I make my way to my locker  dropping my book and going downstairs to meet up with the others.

"Hey guys." I said as I approached them.

"Hey." They say. I noticed they were all looking somewhere.