7

Friday

"Finally, the last school day of the week." Iyan says once we reach our lockers.

"Tell me about it, I was thinking if I should skip today or not but I have a stupid Spanish test." Crystal said.

"Even if you didn't, you wouldn't skip." Diamond said.

"Ok maybe not skip but fake sick." She said making me laugh.

"Are we still on for that get together you told us about?" Diamond asked me.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that." I said.

"So is Rachel like your new BFF or something?" Crystal asked.

"We're just cool." I said. They all squinted at me.

"Its odd how she wants to be your friend." Diamond said.

"Who says she's my friend? She's just being nice."

"By inviting you to a get together. You told us it's a friend thing therefor your her friend." Diamond said.  I was about to reply when something caught my eyes. I saw Darius from a distance walking down the hall with his friends.

As he got closer all I could think was damn. His earrings were shining making his face pop. He dressed up nice as always. Darius was fine I can tell you that, but for someone I'd like, I don't think so. That'll never appeal to me.

His eyes met mine and I couldn't stop myself from looking away. A smirk form on his lips causing me to roll my eyes and look away. I hate it when he does that.

"You hate it when who does what?" I frown and saw all three of them looking at with with confusion. I said that out loud?

"Uh I didn't mean to say that out loud. I hate it when uh our math teacher gives us unnecessary homework." I said hoping they'll buy it.

"That goes for every teacher." Iyan said making me sigh with relief.

"Speaking of math, I have it now." Crystal says excitingly.

"Your saying that like its a good thing." Iyan said.

"Everyone has their own favourite subject and mine happens to be math. Now bye." She smiles and walks off.

"Looks like we're off to math as well." I say to Iyan as we link arms.

"Uh hello, you guys are just going to walk away from me." Diamond said.

"Of course not. We gonna kiss you bye then walk away from you." Iyan says as she kisses her cheek.

"Wow ok. Anyways see you at lunch." She says.

Me and Iyan both head to our next class.

...

The door swung open and Darius walk through quickly spotting me at the table we usually sit at. He takes his usual seat across from me and removes his headphones.

"Let's get this over with." He said.

"Hello to you too, and I completely agree." I give him a fake smile. He takes out his books and crumpled papers. I would say this is our fourth session together. This would be considered our last if he scores an 80 on his next essay which he has to do over the weekend.