24

I gave Mrs. Ran my paper and was about to leave class until she called my name. I turned around and walked back up to her desk.

"Is there an issue?" I asked.

"No no dear, I just have a request of some sort." She smiled. I threw my head back and sighed.

"Don't worry, your not tutoring anyone else." She laughed.

"Thank goodness. What can I do for you?" I asked.

"So you know there are 2 ski trips this year, the first one being in December before the holidays and the second one in late January." She said. I nodded my head.

"I was wondering if you had any interest in going?" She asked.

"Oh.."

"I know what your thinking, you can't stand the cold and you probably don't even know how to ski."

"Actually I actually think that sounds cool. Well the one in December, since January gets a bit icy and stormy." I said.

"Wonderful! I actually expected a much different respond." She laughed.

"A lot of people would have." I shrugged and laughed along.

"So your interested?" She asked.

"Sure I guess."

"Fantastic! Here's the form, get that in as early as possible since there won't be much room for everyone."

"How many people can go?" I asked.

"For now the number is at 200 and if we could get more buses we'll raise the number."

"Geez, the whole school would probably want to go." I said.

"Yeah, which is why we divided the trips with freshman's and sophomore together in different days from the junior and seniors."

"That won't be too bad, I can't imagine going with a bunch of freshmans." I said.

"Remember to bring it in as soon as possible or you'll lose a spot." She said.

"I will."

"Have a nice day." She called out.

"You too." I said as I walked out. I folded the form and slipped it in my bag.

I went upstairs to my locker. I stopped my tracks when I saw Darius leaning against my locker while looking down at his phone.

Our relationship is confusing me. It seems like he really likes me but he never mentions it. I myself don't mention it since I don't want it to get awkward.

I walked up to him and he stood out of the way.

"You missed class." I said.

"I really wish I cared but that's almost impossible." He said.

"I guess my tutoring classes was a waste." I said as I closed my locker shut. He grab my hips making me face him.

"Nah, it was all worth it." He smiled. I smiled back which quickly faded.

"Whats wrong?" He asked as we began walking down the hallway.

"I just don't get it." I said.

"You don't get what?"

"What your doing. I feel as though I'm getting played."

He stopped walking and stopped infront of me.

"Who told you that?" He said angrily.

"No one did, it's how I feel."

"If you were getting played then I wouldn't be talking to you right now." He said. I adjusted my bag on my back and looked down.