36

6 months later (June)

I went out the backdoor squinting my eyes as the sun shined on my face. I sat next to Kim who was eating.

"Babe which soda did you want again?" Tim asked ask he came outside.

"A root beer. I told you like three times already." Kim said with frustration.

"I'll go get it right now." He rushed back inside.

"Desiree stop sitting around and help us." Ma said.

"What else is there to do ma?" I groaned.

"Find something." She said and shooed me off.

I stood up and went inside. Iyan was sitting on the table eating ice cream while talking to Diamond. 

"You guys do realize the barbecue is in the backyard?" I said.

"We know. But your mom will give us chores to do so it's best we stay here until everyone comes." Iyan said.

"Smart idea." I sat next to them.

"Des what soda did Kim want again?" Tim asked me.

"I think it was root beer or something." I said.

"Oh right." He quickly grabbed it from the fridge the went out back.

"Poor Tim, everyone has him working." Diamond laughed.

"Yeah, hes like a working machine though." Iyan said.

"Girls I need help with everything please come help." Ma came in kitchen.

"We'll be there." Iyan said.

"Des, go get Justine upstairs." She said. I nodded and went upstairs.

I knocked on her door and opened.

"What's the point of knocking when your just going to open it right after?" She said as she crossed her arms.

I glanced at her and her friend who was sitting on her bed looking at me.

"Ma wants you both downstairs." I said.

"Okay we'll be there." She said.

"She meant now." I said.

"We heard you. Cmon Jorden." She said. Jorden got off the bed and they both went downstairs. Justine told ma and dad about Jorden a couple months ago. They understood they were just friends so they allowed him to come over often.

I shook my head and headed downstairs with them. The door rang which was probably our first guest. I went to answer it and it was Aunt Martha.

"Hey Auntie." I said as I hugged her.

"Hey, has it started?" She asked.

"No, your actually early." She walked in and we went out the backyard.

She exchanged hugs with everyone we were all began to eat and talk with eat other. My dad was at the grill grilling burgers and hot dogs while ma was giving out drinks.

More guests came such as my some of my cousins, some of ma's friends and we even invited Rachel and her family. Her dad was on a business trip so she only came with Susan.

"Hey." She smiled as we hugged.

"Hey, you never disappoint anyone with your looks." I said making her laugh.

"Same goes for you." She said.

"Rachel hey." Diamond said as they hugged along with Iyan. For these past couple of months we all been getting close.