22

We walked into his house and the first thing I got attacked by a Labrador.

"Sam sit!" Darius ordered. The dog obeyed while wagging its tail happily.

"Sorry he loves guest." He said as he closed he door.

"It's fine." I said. I'm not good when it comes to dogs. I actually have a slight fear of them.

"You can come this way." He said as he walked into what seems to be the living room.

Darius house was as big as mine. It looked neat and well furnished. By the looks of things it seemed like he had successful parents.

We sat down on the nice grey couch. I removed my leather coat and placed it on my lap.

"Since you prefer to watch movies tonight, I'll let you choose." He said as he gave me the remote. Sam came in room and laid on the ground beneath us.

I explored through Netflix deciding on what to watch.

"I'll be back." Darius said as he got up and left.

I bent down to pet Sam. He immediately rolled on his back making me give him a belly rub. I smiled as I continued to rub him. The only pets I like were the ones like Sam. Friendly and cute.

A couple minutes later Darius came back with a bunch of snacks and a blanket. He set the snack on the coffee table and handed me the blanket.

"Incase it gets cold." He said.

"Thanks." I mumbled. He sat beside me but this time it was closer than before. That warm feeling came back in my stomach.

"What are we watching." He said as he bunch on chips.

"Bird box." I said as I clicked on the movie.

"The challenge?"

"No the movie." I said.

"I thought it was a challenge."

"The challenge is based on the movie."

"I don't get it but ok." He shrugged. I just shook my head.

The movie began and grabbed a couple of chips to eat. The close distance made me distracted most of time while watching.

Whenever he'll lean to get something on the coffee table his shoulder would touch mine making my body tense. I wanted to ignore it but it just kept happening.

I couldn't keep my full focus on the movie, my mind was on Darius for the most part. Why was I feeling like this all the sudden? It would never occur when I tutored him so it's different.

At one point I glanced at him and I developed butterflies. What is happening right now. Me getting butterflies over Darius? How can this be?

"Where's the bathroom?" I said.

"Sam." Darius said to the dog. Sam got up and looked at him.

"Take Desiree to the bathroom." He said. Sam walked out.

"He'll show you." He said to me.

"Okay." I said a bit astonished.

I followed Sam out to the foyer and down a random hall. He stopped in-front of a door and I opened it.

"Thanks Sam." I rubbed on him then entered the washroom.

I closed the door and turned on the tap water wetting my face a bit.

"What is happening." I whispered to myself.

"I'm just overthinking."

I used the bathroom then washed my hands. I left the bathroom shortly after and back into the living room.