4} hot cocoa's for pussies

Edited.

{Thursday}

"I like my coffee how I like myself: Dark, bitter and too hot for you."

~Unknown

{Sam}

The morning went by fast.

Feeling oddly happy for some strange reason, I put on 1 of my favourite sweaters, pairing it with jeans and my all black vans- just like almost everything in my wardrobe- black.

Having already finished breakfast with my dad, I gave him a hug, he ruffled my hair and I skated off to school.

Citizenship was 1st up and I gladly made my way down and take my usual spot at the back. I wasn't early but I wasn't late either. There were only a few people in the class, maybe 1/2.

After the classroom started to fill up, a particular brunette caught my eye. No shit. I perked up unintentionally letting a grin form.

She looked around the class room, books held in her arm by her side, relaxed in trying to find a spot. Her eyes trailed all over the seats until they landed on me, an unstoppable smile appeared on her lips, making myself smile even more. She made a bee line towards the back of the room where I sat and happily took the spot next to me.

I raised my eyebrow, "I didn't know you took this class." I vocalized, hinting that she ditched it for almost 2 weeks.

"I didn't." She tells me, "I switched it with History and I'm glad I did." She added with a wink.

I giggled, "So am I." I admitted. "So what's the real reason why you took Citizenship?" I prodded with 1 hand on my cheek as I rest my elbow on the desk.

"I guess, it's a good skill to have. You get to develop skills in communication, team work and initiative. It's good to have these things in your pocket whenever an opportunity comes around the corner." She concluded.

My mouth opens ajar at her vocabulary expansion. "You already sound like you don't need those skills." I told a little breathlessly.

She chuckled in response, "Or...maybe, I talked my way into getting at least 1 class with you." She shrugged mindlessly with a small smile playing at her lips.

I shoved her gently with my shoulder and she bit back a giggle. "Your Uncle?" I wondered, already knowing the answer.

"What? No. It was the principle." She asserted, keeping a straight face on.

I couldn't help but let a small laugh escape my lips, than it turned out to be just a laugh, than I just bellowed out onto the desk, clutching it for support.

Wiping a tear away I now faced her still laughing, "That- is your...Uncle." I say between laughter.

She beams at me cheekily as though she got the reaction she wanted. "I know." She shrugged, making me chortle even more.

Shaking my head I say, "This is why you're my best friend." Than I look at her with an unstoppable smile.

Her face morphs into 1 of awe and she leans her head on my shoulder for affection. I return the favour and after a couple of seconds we both come back to our original positions.