23} the only place he felt safe

Edited.

{Sunday}

"It's the connection we can't explain."

~Unknown

{Sam}

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking at the front door. Squinting my eyes at the beaming sunlight through the window, I groggily get up and quickly glance at the time. 11:00am, I slept in, weird.

Walking down stairs I open the door to stop the constant knocking and was greeted by someone I didn't think would ever be at my door step at this time uninvited.

"Sebastian?" I vocalize as my brows drew together, "What are you doing here?" Is all that came out.

He beams at me with his pearly whites and all of a sudden lets himself in. "I wanted to see you." He simply tells me.

This isn't good for my health.

Shocked I slowly close the door and face him, scrutinizing his every action as he observes the living room and kitchen area. We're alone, together, in my house. Fuck.

"You need to leave." The words leave my mouth before I could process them.

He gives me a strange look and my brows crease together as I try and remain eye contact.

"You want me to leave?" He questions curiously, almost haughty like.

I take in a breath before saying my next words. "I can't control myself around you," he takes me in, no shock was evident on his face which was surprising. "so you need to leave." He ends his mystifying look with a smirk.

"You don't have to."

I walk over to the kitchen, ignoring the tingles shooting down my spine at his words. "Shut up, Black."

"Huh," He lets out a breathy laugh, "so you knew it was me."

I shoot a glare his way, "How could I not?"

He saunters over my way and leans on the counter. "I do make an entrance." He smirks knowingly.

Without hesitation I spit back. "More of a shit show."

He feigns hurt and pouts his lips, "My feelings." He sulks.

Having enough of this and feeling irritated on why he won't tell me what he's doing here, I get to the point. "What do you want, Black?" I breath out harshly.

He looks down and smiles, "Never do get tired of your little pet name for me, Sam." He lifts his head up a little and makes eye contact.

Drawing my eyes away from his I go over to a cupboard, "Stop avoiding the question or I'll kick you out myself, if you're not going to tell me." I finalize.

He lets out a low laugh, "So feisty." He teases, making me whirl around. His face now drops to a slightly sincere 1. "What part of 'I wanted to see you' do you not understand?" He says again.

Like I'm going to buy that. I have a feeling I'll be rolling my eyes a lot around this boy. "You're the dark side of Sebastian," I start, "you have motives."