10} son of a bitch

Edited.

{Sunday}

"People will throw stones at you. Don't throw them back. Collect them all and build an Empire."

~Unknown

{Sam}

Mother fucking Sunday.

I smiled to myself about how it was always the most relaxing day of the week. Kicking my feet up on the sofa and laying back comfortably, I sigh in content and turn on the T.V. Scrolling through Netflix I decided to go for a new series and picked American Horror Story.

I was 1/2 way through the 1st episode when I hear footsteps padding down the steps, knowing it was my dad, I ignored it and continued watching.

He shuffles around in the kitchen and when he places something on the bench, he speaks up. "Remember to get ready around 5, alright?" He reminds me, as if I knew what he was talking about, which I didn't.

Confused I swivel around and face his way, "What?"

He now makes eye contact with me. "The family's coming over for dinner. I told you this on Wednesday." He tells me, almost dismissively.

Furrowing my brows I glance at the T.V as if it would give me a memory I didn't recall. When nothing came to me, I glance back at him. "I don't remember," He shakes his head, a small smile playing at his lips.

Now fully grasping the concept of the family coming over tonight, I become 'disinterested' but I was more 'I'm in a good mood, don't put me in a bad mood.'

I shuffle back in the sofa and continue watching the show. "I'm not attending." I state stoic.

I hear him stop what he's doing and I could already sense his eyes on me. "Yes you are Sam. There's no getting out of this." He says in his authority voice.

I feign shock, "Is dad putting on his authoritative voice?" I rhetorically ask aloud, my eyes still on the screen. When he doesn't reply with anything I turn to him with an innocent but impudent grin. He just gives me a look and I fake sulk. "But there is." I point out, wiping the fake pouting off my face and replying back to his authoritative voice.

"No, Sam, there is not." He replies firmly. "You're not going anywhere-"

Before he could ramble on I stop him. "I am not attending that stupid dinner, 1 way or another. You can't make me, I won't." I press, pausing the show and turning towards him.

He sighs and presses his palms against the counter. "Don't make this harder than it already is."

"I'm not making it harder. I would happily join the dinner if my cousins weren't such freaking assholes." I concluded.

He muttered something under his breath. "Okay, so they're a little on the immature side," I raise my brow at his subtle choice of words, "But try to grin and bare it for this evening." He exhorted.

I huff out in annoyance, knowing I should, for once, push my stubbornness to the side and do this for dad. "I guess grinning and baring it is the only way." I grumble turning back to my show.