27} stop being a coward

{Friday}

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. Do the thing you think you cannot do."

~Eleanor Roosevelt

{Sam}

I went back to school on Wednesday. I wasn't going to be that girl who hid away in her bed, ate ice cream and cried herself to sleep over a boy. I wasn't like that.

"I'm going to fucking die." A voice cries out, snapping me back into reality.

I glance over towards the frying pan that had the donuts we were currently making in Home Ec and than at a panicked Eric.

I hop off the bench and snatch the utensil out of his hand, "You're being dramatic." I stretch out as I turn a donut over.

"Nothing new." Tom sighed out flatly as he turns on the tap to let cool water run. I smile at this.

Tom huffs out and folds his arms, "It could have burned a hole through my skin." He defended as he now puts his arm under the water, scared Tom would have roughly done it himself.

I peer over my shoulder. "You need to take drama classes." I advise him and turn back to the donuts.

"No 1 would ever guess you are a musician." Tom informs him which makes me let out a small laugh.

"You try shallow frying the suckers then." He fires back at Tom, which Tom, -I'm assuming- puts on a blank face.

His vocabulary catches me off guard and I scoff. "What language are you even speaking?" I think aloud.

"Ignore him," Tom announces, "I do it all the time."

Eric gasps, mixed in with a scoff, at this. "I think you're the 1 speaking a different language here!" He accuses.

I let out another small laugh and decide to zone out while they bickered for another 10 minutes or so. They acted as if they hated each other, but it was quite the opposite. They were like brothers, they both loved each other and their company, although they wouldn't admit it.

The corners of my mouth tug upwards as I put some of the donuts aside and started rolling them in the cinnamon and sugar. I glance up and scan around the room in a daze until I stumbled across an all too familiar eye colour. The deep end of the ocean and I knew I was about to drown.

Our eyes held their stare, his showed nothing and I made sure mine didn't either. "Shit." I hissed and flinched a little, Sebastian's eyes go slightly wide but I turn away before I unraveled an emotion I didn't want him to know I had in me.

"Sam," Someone calls, snapping me back to reality. "you okay?" Tom queries with concern.

I look down at the oil, I must have forgot to turn the gas off. Looking back up at Tom I nod my head. "Don't worry I'm not a drama queen." I tease, making Eric pout and Tom breath out a laugh.

I felt guilty about not telling them. They got told by their own friends to stay at school, while their own friends go and see what's wrong with someone who was also their friend. It wasn't easy for me. I hated talking about all this emotional shit, but I was getting better at it and I've never really let Eric and Tom in on it.