letter

Dear Evangeline,

We are sending you to a boarding school, we can’t handle you anymore.

- You cost us too much money

- You ask too much

- You never listen

- You have a big mouth

- You disrespect us

And the list goes on.

You are now on a plane to your new boarding school, we already packed your luggage, and you have everything you need.

- Your underwear

- 10 pants

- 15 shirts

- Your sleepwear

- 3 sweaters with hood 1 without

- 5 pair of shoes

- Your glasses (in your hand luggage above you)

- Your labello and an extra one with a red color (for those who don’t know what labello is, it’s like firm Vaseline with a color on a stick, it’s good for your lips)

- Face cream

- Body lotion

- Money for food

- Your toothbrush

- Toothpaste and an extra tube

- Your brush

- 20 elastics

- 5 bobby pins

- 15 clips

- Lady stuff

- Your diary (we didn’t look inside)

- A few of your books

- Your camera and charger

- Your iPod and charger

- Your laptop and charger

- Your necklace, ring and bracelet

- Your passport

- A few pictures you had in your room

This is all, when you’re at your new school you must be careful with your money, because it’s not much. You have to find a job and earn your own money.

When it’s vacation time you can’t come home, that will cost us too much money. You will stay there till the end of the year, then you’ll come back home till school starts again, then we’ll see what’s going to happen.

When the plane lands and you are at the airport there will be a limousine waiting for you, you will share the limousine with a few other people. The limo driver already has your entire luggage, except for your hand luggage. The limo driver will take you to the school; he will also put your luggage inside of your school. You have to go to the administration office and the secretary will bring you to the principal. He will explain all the rules and will hand you your schedule and keys, and he’ll bring you to your room.

Good luck,

Mom and dad.

When I finished reading I was speechless, they dumped me on a boarding school. They said that they can’t handle me, and I ask too much… I barely even speak and when I do it’s with yes, no or thank you!! How can they accuse me like that!

---Present---

‘Fasten your seatbelts please, we’re landing in ten minutes’ the women on the speaker says

“Oh god, oh god, oh god!! We’re almost there. Oh god, what if we crash? Oh god what if I can’t find the driver? Oh god, what if I’m going to be bullied again? Oh god, what if I’m going to be beaten again? No! Don’t think like that, you wanted to be beaten again, you wanted to die remember. That’s true, oh god, I’m crazy, and I’m talking to myself in my head. I mean who does that? Oh well me I guess… grr I’m still talking to myself, why am I doing this? Why can’t I stop? STOP, STOP, STOP!! Oh well I guess I can’t stop then, ooh I can see the airport. Well I’m also childish in my head, great! Note the sarcasm. Hahaha, I’ve never been sarcastic, it’s actually kinda funny. Ooh talking in my head is messing with my grammar, look, I said kinda!! Well it’s kind of funny to say kinda. Kinda, kinda, kinda. STOP! You’re being childish and your talking in your head! How stupid can you be, can I be?? What is it if you talk to yourself in your head: how stupid can you be or how stupid can I be? Oh well doesn’t matter. Ahw damn I missed the landing! We’re already driving to the place for the airplane. Stupid you! You talk in your head, you still do, and because of this you missed the landing and you’re swearing! Ahw damn, we’re already parked! What do I do now? Do I have to wait? Is someone coming to pick me up and bring me to the exit? Or do I have to find the exit myself? Oh god, oh god oh god.”

I was too busy worrying that I didn’t see the stewardess coming in

'Hello miss, are you coming?' she said 'Hello?'

 I snapped out of it 'huh, what?'' 

'Are you coming miss?' she said again

'Huh, where to?' I asked confused

'To the exit of the plane, so you can get to your destination off course' she answered with a duh tone

 'Oh, yeah, sure' I said.

I got my stuff from above me, got my glasses out of my bag and walked behind the stewardess. I walked out of the plane into the sluice, while I put my glasses on and combed my hair with my fingers. When we were in the airport the stewardess showed me where the parking lot was, I walked to the parking lot and noticed that there were boys everywhere.

They all had their luggage in their hands, and I felt really uncomfortable, because I’ve never really been around boys except when I’m being beaten. And they were all carrying suitcases and big bags and I’m only carrying my small bag that is practically empty.

When I came to the parking lot I felt like I could finally breathe again, I looked around and didn’t see a limousine so I walked down the street where I saw cabs. I didn’t want to go with a limousine and especially not since there are other people in it.

When I came to a cab the driver asked me where I have to go.

'Uhm, I don’t know.'

 I felt the heat rush to my face, I didn’t know where I had to go, and my parents didn’t tell me the name of the school.

'Well, miss, I can’t help you if you don’t know where you have to go' He said.

'Yeah, uhm, I’m so- sorry' I stuttered, I walked back and bumped into someone, I quickly turned around and said sorry.

'It’s okay, are you miss Evangeline?'

'Ye- yes, who are you? and how do you know my name?'