not sleeping

Chapter 17

Evangeline’s POV

“Let them wait! They deserve it! What does he think! Just because I’m his daughter doesn’t mean that he can just boss me around. I am a human being and I want to be treated like a human being. Argghh why does he even want to see what I got because of him? I’m going to sleep now. Good night! Wait I said good night to myself, why do I do those weird things? I talk to myself in my head, I write in my diary while I’m fifteen years, I mean who does that? Well apparently I do. I am I weird because I do that? Am I weird because I talk to myself in my head? I hope not, because I’m not normal if I do.”

 “You are normal!” I heard someone say on the other side of the door, I think it was Jaden.

“Oops must have said that aloud?” hey they are still there… ah well, it only has been three minutes or so.”

“I know it only has been three minutes, but I’m planning on staying here even if it takes all night.”My father said determined.

Well good luck with that, I won’t let you in, I thought and I said just that to him.

 “I won’t let you in, so you can wait all night, I don’t care.”

I heard someone say “I’m outta here.” And I knew it was Marcus, because he didn’t care. *thump* what happened? I thought with my eyes wide open, scared for what might come.

 “Are you okay?” I asked worried.

 “Yeah, nothing happened, don’t worry” I think Jackson said “Marcus wanted to go away, but he hea- oef! What was that for!” he asked, I think he got hit by someone or something like that, I heard mumbling it was really soft so I couldn’t make out what they were saying.

 I stepped out of bed and walked as quiet as I could to the door and put my ear against the door to try to listen to what they were saying, but when my ear hit the door the hushed talking stopped. “Great! They knew I was coming. Why do they have to be so annoying? This is the first time I’m listening in on someone and they ruin it!” and the talking started again.

 “Yeah mister onion was smelling like onion the other day and we all offered him gum but he just wouldn’t take it, I mean come on your breath stinks and you don’t even accept gum. If someone offers you gum your mouth obviously must stink!” Samuel said hushed.

 He probably thought I was sleeping, was that why they were talking so soft. AHHW THAT’S SO SWEET!! they all started laughing, at what Samuel said. I had to giggle a little bit and the laughing stopped.

 “We know you’re the Evangeline” Marcus said.

 OH NO! I TOTALLY BLOWN MY PLAN! Oh how could I be so stupid to giggle!

“Uhm, how did you know?” I asked.

 “Hmm, let me think. First you asked if we were okay, so you gave away that you weren’t sleeping”

 I slapped my head STUPID! You shouldn’t have replied!

 “Then we heard your footsteps”

 Oh apparently I wasn’t careful enough, STUPID! Why do I have to be so heavy!

 “And then you giggled, that’s how we know you were there”

 STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!! I should have stayed in bed.

 “But now that we know that you know that we knew that you were there you can come outside and sit and talk with us.” Jaden said.

 “Wow. Uhm That, Was…. Confusing” I said confused.

 “The point is that you come sit and talk with us” he explained his confusing sentence.

 “Oh, well I knew that you meant that, but I was just asking so your family and friends would understand.” I said ashamed that I didn’t understand it.

 “Yeah, yeah, just come out already” he said bored.

 “Well a chat wouldn’t hurt would it?” I stepped away from the door and went to get the key I put on my nightstand. When I got it I walked back to the door and opened it, I was greeted by three sleeping brothers and the rest of the guys.

“Hi” I said awkwardly “Uhm, I. I think I’m going to bed now, it is quiet late. Good night!” I said in a rush and went to close the door, but before it closed there was a foot blocking it.

“No. you are not going to sleep just yet.” Jacob said, he grabbed my wrist so I couldn’t go away and slam the door in his face.

“Let me go” I asked really scared, what if they’re going to beat me up because I let them wait, or because I yelled?

 “Please!” I pleaded “Please let me go” I was on the verge of crying, I was so scared right now, you can’t imagine how scared I was, I saw pictures flying before my eyes. They were pictures of possible scenarios that could happen when they beat me, and yelled at me. I should be used to it by now but I wasn’t I was still scared, it’s not that it hurt that much anymore, my body had so much already that it was getting kind of used to it. But my mind wasn’t used to it, and it certainly wasn’t used to the name calling.

I was so scared that I didn’t even notice that he held me in his arms; he was pulling me into a hug. A few moments later I stopped seeing the pictures flash in front of my eyes. And noticed some sort of wetness against my cheeks, it was leaking through my eyes, I had no idea what it was and then it suddenly hit me. How could I be so stupid? I was crying. And I notice something running over my back, apparently I’m a little slow when I’m crying because a few minutes later I realized it was a hand running up and down my back and that I was being hugged. I started struggling to get out of his grasp, but it wasn’t working.

“LET ME GO!” I was so scared right now I felt my heart pondering in my throat.

“Please let me goho” I said crying again, instead of letting me go he picked me up and placed me on the bed.

“Shhhh, don’t cry” he tried to sooth me, but he wasn’t looking at my eyes, he was looking at my stomach. My eyes widened as I realized what was on my stomach, scars and bruises, there were scars saying things, my dad, uhum, the man that raised me used to write words on my body like dumb, stupid, bitch, whore etcetera.