scars and wounds

Chapter 18

They were scars so they didn’t disappear fast. The day I was set on the plane, I had been beaten by the man who raised me and he wrote something with a knife again.

 This time he wrote something on the small of my back, and of course being me I couldn’t read it, it was written to small for me to see in the mirror. I was getting sick, I didn’t want them to know my secret, so before he could lift my shirt up I quickly ran out of my room into the bathroom to the toilet, and I threw up.

I was crying once again, I’m really getting sick of being weak, I’ve been weak all my life, and it’s time to change. Hey maybe I should throw up more often, I get good ideas. Well actually no, I don’t want to throw up more often, I hate to throw up.

 Someone was holding my hair back and someone else was soothing my back, another person was putting a wet cloth on my forehead and started wiping all the sweat off of my face. Someone was saying calming words to me, at this moment I don’t know who was who, I just heard them talk not really understanding what they were saying. My vision started to go black and the last thing I felt was that I was being lifted before I passed out.

Marcus’ POV

I watched as Jacob lifted his sister and walked to her room, I walked just like all the others behind him. She just threw up, that was pretty gross, but I think they don’t mind, they all love her.

I don’t, but I don’t love anybody, after my parents died I stopped loving or caring, I stopped feeling, I never laugh nor do I cry, I just do nothing but protect Jason, Jaden, Jackson and Jacob.

 We were all standing around her bed and her father was just about to lift her shirt a little to see what the damage was when suddenly the window broke. We all ducked, the headmaster taking Evangeline with him holding her close to his body so she wouldn’t be hit by the glass, she was squirming around in his hands and had a look of concentration on her face.

Suddenly another window broke, but this time the noise came from the room next door and there was another one and another. I looked over to Evangeline but saw her face in deep concentration and it grew deeper as the more windows broke.

Something clicked in my head; it was her “WAKE HER UP!!” I shouted over the noise, her father looked at me.

 “Why?” Jackson asked.

 “Dumbasses, she’s doing this! Every time another window breaks her face gets more concentrated, just wake her up” I explained. Unless the headmaster wanted to let her break all his glass he should really wake her up because by now there was glass breaking everywhere, not just windows but all kind of glass. It was one big noise and it wouldn’t stop.

 “EVANGELINE! EVANGELINE!!” her dad was shouting and shaking her, but she wouldn’t wake up, not only glass was breaking now but also porcelain, I wanted this shit to stop so went to grab Evangeline to try to wake her up myself.

 When I made contact with her skin there was one loud BOOM of glass and porcelain braking and then she woke up. She looked me in the eyes for a moment and then quickly turned around to come face to face with her dad who was still holding her.

 “Uhm, why are you holding me?” she asked confused, I had to laugh, the first thing she asks when she wakes up is, why are you holding me, wait I am not supposed to laugh. I immediately stop laughing and saw everybody look at me with shocked faces.

 “Yeah, yeah, I know I never laugh, that’s why I stopped”. I said bored, but with a slightly shocked face myself. What the hell? I can’t laugh. I may not laugh!

 “Let’s just continue with what we were doing and then take a look at the damage.” I said.

 “What were you doing?” she asked “and what damage?”

 I took a look around and saw her do the same out of the corner of my eye. When I turned to look at her she had a shocked face and wide eyes.

“What happened?” she turned to look at me “Was this what you were doing?”

 “No we weren’t doing this, and there was an…” I stopped talking to think of something

“There was an earthquake”.

 “But then the stuff would be on the ground and the bed or something would have been somewhere else” she said confused.

 “We strengthened the beds and all the furniture” her father said.

“Ahh, I understand “she said, but she didn’t look convinced.

“Well what were you doing before you woke me up?” she asked curious, I looked at her father, then to her brothers, looking for help, but when they didn’t give anything but smirks I thought of a plan.

 “Pick her up and place her on the bed, hold her arms and legs and her waist so she can’t get out” I said with a smirk on my face “We’re gonna see what’s on that belly of hers”.

 When they didn’t do anything but stare at me like I was speaking Spanish she got out of her father’s grip and stood up. I reacted like I always do, fast, I quickly rose up and grabbed her by the waist “Well I’ll do it myself then.”

That was when they stood up and help me. She struggled but I was stronger so she couldn’t break free. Well it seems that she is faster than those Stupid’s here.

I placed her on the bed and Jackson held her ankles to the bed, Adam held her wrists above her head and Michael held her by the waist.

“The honor is yours” I said with a little bow to her father, they both seemed nervous, the headmaster for what he would see, and Evangeline because he would see something she tried to hide I guess.

 He lifted her shirt to just under her chest and gasped just like everybody in this room, except for Evangeline, she had her eyes shut tightly and her head to the side. Her father started to touch the line of the scars and had his other hand on a really big bruise it seemed like he was about to cry.

 “This is all because of me.” He paused “This is all because I didn’t want to get caught” there was a tear running down his cheek.

 “This is not just because of them” she whispered before she fell asleep.

 Oh. My God. We turned her around and saw more scars on her back, but one was recently added because it was still healing.

 On her stomach there were all kind of words and just scars and bruises, but on her back there were words, prints of whips, bruises, cuts, cigarette marks, everything.

“Oh. My God!” I said this time aloud “So many fucking scars and wounds and everything!”

 “Shh, you’ll wake her up!” Samuel said

 “I’m gonna beat you so hard dad” Jacob growled “and I’m gonna murder the people who did this!” I couldn’t agree more with him. Because of their dad, she’s has ugly scars on her back and the people who did this… we’ll make their lives a living hell before we kill them.