dream

Chapter 19

Evangeline’s POV

---Dream---

I was four years old and was about to ask what we were going to eat, “Mommie!” I said happy when I walked into the kitchen, but when I came in I saw my mom and dad shouting at each other.

 “Mom?” I said quietly when I reached for her hand, she turned and slapped me in my face, she looked worried when I started crying.

 “Oh my god! I’m so sorry baby” she said, she crouched and held me in her hand, she stroked my hair.

 “Why were you here? You weren’t supposed to be downstairs?”

 “Ihi wahas just gohoing to ahask what we wehere going to eat” I answered, crying and sobbing.

“Oh I’m so sorry that you had to see that baby” when I calmed down she said that I had to go upstairs and that she’ll call me down when we had to eat. So I went upstairs, but when I shut my bedroom door I heard people shouting again, but I couldn’t fully make out what they were saying.

 “Good…punching bag… more often… cover… clothes… teach… whenever… mistake… finds out… he won’t… deal. HONEY!! COME DOWN PLEASE” my mom said, what were they talking about?

 I was young so I just shrugged it off and opened my door. I walked downstairs only to see one plate.

 “Mom, why is there onwy one pwate? We are with three peopwe.”

 I couldn’t say the L so I sad W instead.

“Honey you will only eat, your dad and I have to discuss something really important, it might change your life forever” She said with a smile on her face “Enjoy your meal” and with that she walked away and left me alone to eat on my own.

It was an hour later and I still wasn’t finished with my food, it was just boring without my parents and I couldn’t eat because of the slap my mother gave me. I forgive her for that because she was just angry and probably she just turned and her hand made contact with my skin, or it was a reflex or something like that. It was a mistake, it won’t happen again.

 I smiled and with that I fell asleep with my head on the table. Another hour later I heard voices “This is what we waited for. Her first mistake.” I heard a female laugh “Shall we wake her up first? I want her to know what is happening.”

 “Yes”

 “Evangeline honey.” I was being shaken a little.

 “Evangeline honey, you fell asleep, you have to wake up”

 “Mommie?” I asked.

 “Yes it’s me darling, you have to wake up and finish your food”

 “I have been waiting for you. I couldn’t eat because I missed you.”

 “You can’t always sit with us, what if we won’t be here anymore?” she asked.

 “You will always be with me. Even when I am married, we will invite you over and you will always eat with me” I said with a smile plastered on my face. This is how four year old children think.

 “You will be there right?”

 “No honey, we won’t be there when you are married and having dinner. But that’s not why we woke you up, you have a choice, you eat your food alone or you face the consequences. Choose carefully, it might just change your life forever.”

 “Why can’t you eat with me?” I asked, I wanted to know what they mean with ‘’it might just change your life forever’’ and what they meant with ‘’the consequences’’ I mean what are the consequences?

 “Wrong answer” my dad said with a sadistic grin on his face and he punched me in the stomach.

---End of dream---

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I woke up screaming, in less than a second the door flew open.

“WHAT’S WRONG?” Adam said.

 “Nothing” I answered quickly, the other guys arrived not a minute later.

 “What’s wrong?” Michael said.

 “Everything okay?” Jared asked.

 “Yeah I-“I was interrupted because Jacob came rushing in and stood by my bed checking my face if I had any wounds or something.

 “What happened? Why where you screaming? I was worried. Tell me. Why where you screaming?” I tried to talk but he wouldn’t let me, he was too busy worrying. I rolled my eyes and then looked shocked.

 “What’s wrong?” he asked.

 “I never rolled my eyes before” I said still shocked, and they started smiling and not that much later they were laughing so hard.

 “What’s funny?” I asked.

 “Well you wake up screaming, everybody comes to look what happened and your brother is worrying about you and you roll your eyes and the first thing you say is that you never rolled your eyes before.” Marcus said with a smile.

 “Oh” I replied stupidly.

 “Yeah. But what happened? Why were you screaming?”

 “Because I felt like screaming” I said with a shrug but I was debating with myself, should I say it to them or just keep it my secret? I will keep it my secret.

 “And now the real reason please.” He asked.

 “Oh, I thought that was the real reason.” I said, now just hope that he buys it”.

“I know that’s not the real reason”

 Shoot. He didn’t buy it. What now?

 “How would you know if it is the real reason or not?” I asked, he looked taken aback a bit but then smirked again.

 “Because…” when Marcus said because all the other boys stopped laughing in an instant.

 “Don’t tell her” Jacob said really soft but threatening