cooling down

“I need to lie down for a bit and then I will feel better I think” I answered, I was immediately picked up by Jacob and we walked to my door.

I was handed over to Jaden like I weighed nothing, Jacob opened the door and Jaden walked me into the room and put me on the bed. Jacob putts my key on my bureau and walked over to me, he loosened my shoelace and pulled my shoe off, he did the same with my other shoe.

When he was finished he putted the shoes down next to my bed.

 “Do you need anything?” he asked.

 “Where’s my stuff?”  He pointed to the corner of my room; I looked and saw my luggage.

“Could you please give me my bag?” he got it and gave it to me, I got my necklace, ring and bracelet out of it and put the jewelry on.

 “Could you please bring this back?” he did as I said.

 I lay down, I felt too weak, I felt too warm, and I felt like my head was going to explode.

 “Could you leave the room please?” I asked.

 He walked over to me and hugged me and said “Get better Evangeline” with that he walked out of the room, he closed the door behind him.

My hand immediately shot to my necklace, I started crying again, my mother gave this jewelry to me when I was a baby. I started crying harder, I started sobbing and shaking again, ten minutes later a few people rushed inside.

I was curled up in a ball and was crying and sobbing so hard my whole body was shaking, I was thinking about my mother and father again and how they scolded at me and how they beat me, there were different scenes that popped up in my head and the images just got worse so I cried harder if that was even possible.

 And my dorm mates where there trying to calm me down, but it didn’t help, they couldn’t make those images go away. After two hours of crying I started to calm down again an half hour later I was up, I couldn’t do anything but feel physically and emotionally hurt. I saw that everyone was looking worried and tired.

 “I’m sorry” were my last words before I fell asleep.

Jacob’s POV

“I’m sorry”

She had said before she drifted to sleep, she had been crying for the past two and a half hours how could she be sorry? Her face was red and her eyes were puffy from the crying.

“We should lay her in bed” I said and they nodded. While she was crying she was everywhere I mean everyone was taking turns to hold her and make her calm, it didn’t work with any of us.

But not all of us were here; Marcus went to his room and put his headphone on so he couldn’t hear her crying. Jackson was the last one that held her so he laid her down on the bed carefully, when she didn’t move he let go of her.

 “Does anyone have a thermometer?” he asked

“No why?” Samuel asked suddenly looking very worried again.

 “She had three or more layers of clothes on and she was radiating heat like crazy” he answered.

 I rushed over to her side and got the sweater off, and her vest and her shirt so she had only a bra and a top on.

 “Does anyone have shorts and a cotton blouse or something?” I asked around “and get me a thermometer!”

 I was angry, she had almost no clothing on but still she was radiating heat. Jason, Jackson, Michael and Adam went out of the room and TEN minutes later they came back with the stuff I asked for.

“WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!” I whisper yelled “Give me the stuff”

I didn’t give them time to react and grabbed the stuff.

‘and all of you go out of the room! I don’t want you to see her half naked!’ Adam, Michael, Jaden, Jason and Jackson left the room leaving me and Samuel.

‘aren’t you going?’ I asked

‘no. I want to help her get better.’ 

and with that he got her pants off and I pulled her top off, we weren’t paying attention to her body. Samuel pulled the shorts over her legs while I putted the blouse on; when I finished the buttons Samuel already had the thermometer in her mouth.

We called the others in and asked for wet towels or something like that; when the thermometer beeped we grabbed it out of her mouth and looked.

“47 DEGREE CELCIUS!! She should be dead by now!” I called my dad.

 “Dad you have a bathtub right?” I didn’t give him time to react.

 “Fill it with ice cold water as fast as you can were coming right now!” I was shouting at the end.

 I picked Evangeline up “Get her some more clothes like this and Samuel get her some underwear, bring it to my dad’s room!”

 I ran down to my dad’s room and knocked on the door.

 “Yeah I know Evangeline’s life is in danger and I’m knocking on my father’s door” the door was opened when I stood ready to knock again.

 “What’s wrong, why did I h...”

 He saw Evangeline in my hands.

 “Is the bathtub filled?” he nodded and walked away, I followed him knowing that he was leading me to the bathroom. When I saw the bathtub I rushed over it ripped Evangeline’s clothes off and slowly put her in the water.