spacing out in someone's room

Chapter 23

“Sorry second time I shouted.” I continued.

 “It’s okay, what’s wrong?” the principal asked.

 “Uhm… uh, well… uhm” I stuttered looking down at my hands, Marcus interrupted me “She wants to know what she should call you.” I looked up and saw the principal with a thinking face.

“Well you could call me whatever you want, except during school time and when there are other people but us around” He said after a while “Then you should call me Deamon, or Principal or headmaster. But other than that you can call me whatever you want.”He finished with a smile.

 “Boys I would like to talk to you for a moment, Samuel you can now give her one of her uniforms and don’t forget your schedule”

 “No I will not forget it.”

 “That’s what I mean with how you talk,” I looked at him and frowned “What do you mean?” I asked confused.

 “Well, you talk too polite. Always yes or no and full sentences and no shortened version. For instance you say do not and people here say don’t get it?” my eyes started watering but I blinked them away and nodded, my parents would have beaten me when I said something like didn’t.

“Are you all right dear?” Deamon asked me worried, I didn’t trust my voice so nodded, got my schedule and stood up. “Bye” I said with a quick wave of my hand and I almost ran out of the room. Samuel followed me; I pulled my hood up so no one would see that I was a girl.

 “Are you all right?” Samuel asked, he stood next to me.

“Uhu, yeah I’m fine.” I said, but I know that it wasn’t convincing enough thank god he let it go. He walked towards the elevator, but I didn’t want him to see me crying and I was sure that I would when I would stand still and do nothing, I had to be distracted or something.

 “I don’t want to go in the elevator” I said.

 “Oh well, we can always go with the stairs”

 “Oh no. you don’t have to come with me!” I waved with my hands frantically, hurt crossed his face and I immediately felt guilty. “Oh. I’m sorry; I didn’t mean it like that. I mean you can come with me, but you don’t have to if you want to go in the elevator.”

 “Oh it’s okay. I have to exercise at least a little.” He shrugged and I was astonished.

 “You don’t exercise?” I asked.

“No I don’t I am a little lazy” he shrugged again.

 HE DOESN’T EXERCISE! He is so big and I don’t mean round, I mean build. You can see a six-pack through that shirt! And he doesn’t exercise! My mouth hung slightly open and my eyes were wide “You- you- YOU DON’TEXERCISE!” I almost shouted, he laughed at my reaction.

 “No I don’t and come on I have to give you a uniform.” he smiled.

 “But how will I EVER fit in your uniform!? It will hang and look ugly!” I almost shrieked now, but Samuel held his hand in front of my mouth to shut me up.

“Shhh!! Not here, people can hear you and they’ll know that you’re a girl.” I immediately stopped struggling to get his hand of my mouth. He let go and started walking towards the staircase, I followed. When we arrived in front of his door he unlocked it and walked inside, I followed and when I saw his room it looked like a bomb had exploded in his room, there were clothes everywhere and everything laid scattered around the floor. His room was just like mine, except for his personal stuff.

 “WOAH!!! How can you live here!?” I voiced my thoughts “It looks like a bomb exploded in your room.” There was a slice of pizza on the floor.

“No let me correct that. It looks like a PIG is living here. Wait no, even a pig is cleaner!”

 “Yeez! No need to be my mother.”

 “Ha-ha,” I said drily “Very funny.”

 “I am just the funniest person in the world!” he said turning around with his arms wide open, he opened a drawer and got a uniform still in its bag out. He turned around and gave it to me. “Here you go, a uniform, brand new”.

 I stared at it wide-eyed “Did you ever wear this?”

 “Yes I just like to put it back in its bag when I cleaned it” he said rolling his eyes. ”Of course I never wore that. I have plenty of them, my parents ordered a dozen of them… so I can give you another on if you want and you can just return them when you get your own uniforms. Oh you’ll also need a wig” he said, and I raised my eyebrows.

 “A wig? Why would I need that?” he sighed and turned to look at me again with a bored expression.

 “Unless you want to cut your hair to make in more boyish I suggest that you wear a wig. Understood?” and not waiting for my reply he turned around and started digging in one of the stacks of clothes and got frustrated. I closed my eyes for a second and stood there waiting for something to happen. When I opened my eyes again Samuel was standing there with two wigs in his hands.

 “Where did you get those?” I almost shouted, where did he get that? One moment he’s searching and then there he is with wigs in his hands. How did he do that so fast? I had my eyes closed for five seconds! I looked around the room and saw that it had become messier than it already was.

 “How did you do that? I closed my eyes for five seconds and the room is even messier than it already was!” I voiced my thoughts.

 “You’ve had your eyes closed for ten minutes… you just stood there, it looked like you were sleeping” he said and I looked confused.

 “How late did we get here and what time is it now?” I asked him, I needed proof of what he said, I didn’t close my eyes for ten minutes, I know I didn’t because I heard… no I didn’t hear him move around. I looked scared.

 “What’s wrong? Evangeline? Hello?” Samuel said.

I didn’t sleep while I stood there. I can’t sleep when I stand. And even if I did sleep I haven’t been sleeping later then I usually did so that must not be it. I am sleeping a lot, I’ve been sleeping more then I usually did. How can my body possibly need more sleep? Why am I even bothering, I didn’t sleep, he’s just playing a game with me. I didn’t realize that I was pacing around Samuels room till he held me still and shook me.

“What?” I asked.

 “Were you even listening to me?” he answered my question with a question.

 “No I didn’t” I said looking to the ground “What were you saying?” I asked looking through my eyelashes because I didn’t raise my head. He grabbed my chin and I started panicking, what is he going to do?  He raised my head for me and looked me dead in the eye.