5- Colby + Brennan

•Title: "Unrequited"
•Requested by: nobody because nobody has even sent in requests lmao
•Warnings: none
•Inspiration: idk
•Type: normal
A/N: hey guys. I havent ever written something like this, so hope you enjoy.
_________________
Colby sat on his bed, fingers clasped together leaning forward, arms rested on his knees.
"Man, I hate seeing you like this," he looks up to see Sam in the doorway.
"I don't know what to do, Sam," Colby says desperately.
Sam comes and sits next to him.
"Well, consider the possibilities of what could happen if you don't tell him," Sam suggests.
——
Scenario #1
Colby smiles when Brennan comes into the house.
"Hey Colby. I wanted to introduce you to someone," Brennan says as a boy walks in, "this is Brady, my boyfriend," he introduces as he holds the boy's hand.
"Y-your b-boyfriend?" Colby stutters out as he can feel his heart fall apart.
"Yeah. My boyfriend. You okay, Colby?" Brennan asks.
"Yes, I am just happy for you. Um I have to go," with that, Colby walks out of the room with tears forming.
Sam sees him and goes and hugs him.
"Hey. Its okay," Sam comforts.
——
Scenario #2
Colby walks into Brennan's apartment building, walking straight to the elevator. He sighs as he clicks the button for Brennan's floor.
He picks at his fingers nervously as the elevater climbs up the shaft. The elevater stops on Brennan's floor and walks down the corridor to his friend's home. He lightly knocks on the door.
"Colby?" Brennan questions when he opens the door.
"H-hey. Can I come in?" Colby asks.
"Sure, yeah," Brennan opens the door all the way.
Colby walks in and Brennan closes the door. The two of them go and sit on Brennan's couch.
"Colby, are you alright?" Brennan asks when seeing how distraught his friend is.
"Yeah. Well, no, I'm not," Colby responds honestly.
"What's wrong?" Brennan asks.
"I'm in love with you," Colby blurts, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have blurted that. I had this whole speech prepared about how when I first met you I was scared by the feeling that spread all over my body and I-"
He is cut off by Brennan's lips touching his own.
"I'm in love with you too,"
——
"That sounds possible," Sam says.
"It didn't help, Sam. I still don't know what to do," Colby says sadly.
"Then you face the age-old question. 'Is it better to speak or to die?'" Sam says.
"Well, what's the answer?" Colby asks, desperate for guidance.
"Nobody knows," Sam says sadly.
"What do I do?" Colby says.
"Follow your heart," Sam says.
Colby nods and leaves without saying anything more. He drives to Brennan's apartment building and goes into the elevator. When he gets to Brennan's door he knocks right away, befor ehe coukd chicken out.
"Hey. Sam told me you were on your way," Brennan says as he lets Colby in.
"Yeah I figured he would," Colby says with a smile.
"So what's up?" Brennan asks.
Colby takes a deep breath.
"Do you remember when I got into the accident, and Sam was in Kansas so you sat with me making sure I wasn't alone?" Colby asks.
"Yeah, I remember. If something changed for the worse, I didn't want you to be alone," Brennan says.
"When I found that out, it made me see how compassionate you truly are. That was the beginning. Since then I have seen every single wonderful part of you," Colby says before taking a deep breath, "I'm in love with you, Brennan," he finishes quietly.
Brennan looks at his lap and sighs.
"Listen, Colbs, I think you're wonderful," Brennan says," you are so amazing. You put everyone's feelings above your own and never regret it. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know. That is why it is so painful for me that I'm about to break that heart. I'm sorry, Colby, but I don't see you in that way. I am so sorry," he says as he look at Colby.
Colby has tears in his eyes and he sniffles, nodding his head. He takes a deep breath, "Don't be sorry, it's okay. You don't have to love me," he says.
"Colby I really don't want to lose you as a friend," Brennan says.
"You won't. I think I am going to need a little time," Colby says before standing up and leaving, letting the tears fall.
______________
A/N: wow i broke my own heart writing this.