18- Colby + Jake

Title: "Obvious"

•Requested by: me, lol.

•Warnings: None really other than gayness

•Inspiration: idek where i got this prompt. either pinterest, or google images. 

•Type: normal

A/N: So after I completely redid my index card thingy, I have now found the old one so I am now doing those prompts. Also, this takes place as Sam and Colby edit the Stanley Hotel series, but I do not remember much from it, so I won't go into specifics. 

--------------------------------------

Colby smiles as he sits next to Sam at the desk. Sam smiles back as he pulls up all the footage from their latest adventure. 

"You ready for this?" Sam asks. 

"That is quite a loaded question, brother," Colby says with a chuckle.

They begin to comb through every piece of footage. Colby tries to focus on the clips, and everything that happens, but his eyes stay on Jake. Colby and Jake have had a 'thing' for well over a year. They would share glances at each other, and smile. They would even cuddle up next to each other quite often. Colby likes to think back to one of those nights, even at a time like now when he is supposed to focus on something. 

six months ago 

Colby lays in bed and stares at the ceiling. The soft pitter-patter of rain on his window fills his ears. He picks up his phone that was next to his pillow, and goes to instagram. He clicks the little search tab and types in something: #jolby. He smiles as he scrolls through small video edits of him and Jake. He wants to ask Jake out on a date, but he knows in doing that, he could ruin their friendship. He continues to scroll through, careful not to like any of them, and smiles brightly. He jumps slightly when he hears a soft knock on the door. He quickly closes the app, and gets out of his bed and walks to his door. When he opens it, he sees Jake. The younger boy is a shaking mess. It is only then that Colby realizes the wind had picked up, and low rumbles of thunder accompanies it. He is quick to wrap his arms around the boy and hold him tight. 

"Jake, its alright. I'm here now," Colby says as he sits Jake down on the bed.

"I'm s-sorry I keep doing this. I-I was just too scared to be in my room alone," Jake stutters out.

"Shh. It's alright, bud. Let's lay down," he responds and lets Jake cuddle up to him. 

Moments like these are why he is okay just being friends with Jake.

Now

Colby shakes his head slightly, coming back to reality. He looks back at the screen to see that jake seems upset i the video. 

"Hey Sam, is it just me or does jake look sad?" Colby pauses the video and gestures to the boy. He looks at Sam to see his friend looking at him as well, with a smile. 

"You love him, don't you?" Sam asks.

"Is it that obvious?"

-------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you enjoyed.