7- Sam + Colby ⚠️

•Title: "The Downside to Pride"
•Requested by: me
•Warnings: violence, homophobic language
•Inspiration: a roleplay im doing with someone on kik
•Type: shitty au
A/N: Yeah this isn't edited. Lmao.
__________
Colby smiles as he kisses his boyfriend, Sam.
"You head home. I'm going to hit the bathroom and then catch a cab," he says.
Sam nods and leaves to walk to the car. Colby begins to slowly walk towards the group of porta-potties. He took his phone out and opened his snapchat and takes a picture.
He is wearing a white shirt that has a rainbow on it in the middle. His hair is stuffed into a beanie messily. He has temporary tattoo rainbow flags on each of his cheeks. He loves pride festivals. The music, the food, and everyone in the crowd are so happy. Seeing so many people smile always makes him feel all happy.
"Hey, fag!" Colby turns to see a taller, more muscular, man glaring at him.
"I don't want any trouble. I'm just looking to go home," Colby says quietly.
"You've wanted trouble since you decided to be an abomination," the man says.
The man steps closer and throws a punch. Colby stumbles back a bit before throwing a punch back.
The man responds by shoving him on the ground and kicking him over and over. Colby feels blood drip from his mouth an nose as he groans in pain. He feels tears prickle his eyes as pain shoots through his body. His vision begins to blur as he feels as if he is on a cloud. Soon, his vision begins to have black spots. Before it goes comepletely black, he hears the man walk away.
——
A girl walks towards her car that was parked near the bathroom area when she sees a lump on the ground. As she gets closer, she smells a scent that she couldn't recognize. As she gets closer she sees the outline of a person in the dark. She rushes over to him and feels for a pulse. She takes out her phone and dials the three numbers.
"Hello. I just found a young male, im guessing around the age of 19, lying on the ground. He is pretty badly beaten up. Please. He needs your help," she cries into the phone.
She gives the location and lays Colby's head in her lap. She runs her fingers through his hair.
———
"Hello, is this Samuel Golbach?" A voice says as Sam answers his ringing phone.
"Yes this is. Who is this?" Sam says in reponse.
"I am Nurse Kane at Albany Hospital. You are the emergency contact of a man named Cole Brock, is this true?"
"Yeah. That's my boyfriend. Is he okay?" Sam asks frantically.
"He was hurt. He was brought into the ER," the nurse says.
Sam instantly grabs his keys and rushes out the door.
He breaks almost every traffic law there is. He speeds, runs red lights, cuts people off. Hell, he didn't care if he died. He needed to get to Colby as soon as possible.
He runs into the hospital, and frantically approaches the front desk.
"Cole Brock? Where is he?" He asks as tears run down his face.
"What is your relationship to the patient?"
"I'm his emergency contact. I'm his boyfriend" he says, beginning to calm down.
"He is in surgery. We will alert them that you're here," the lady says as she picks up the phone. Sam goes and sits in one of the chairs.
——
A doctor walks up to Sam.
"He had extensive internal bleeding. He had six broken ribs and a collapsed lung. We stopped all bleeding, repaired the ribs, and fixed his lung. He did go into cardiac arrest in the surgery, but we got him back quickly. He is now in recovery," the doctor says.
"He is going to be okay?" Sam asks.
"He will be okay. There is one thing though. The attacker carved a word into his side that indicates to us that he is a victim of a hate crime,"
"What word?" Sam asks.
"Uhm uh... the word 'fag'," the doctor says awkwardly.
"Can I see him?" Sam asks.
"Yes," the doctor leads him to Colby's room.
Colby is sitting up with his back against the angled bed.
"Hey, Colbs. How are you feeling baby?" Sam says as he sits next to Colby in the chair near the bed.
"I'm good, I guess. I was told that they arrested the man," Colby says  softly.
"Yes, they did," Sam says with a smile.
——
"You ready to go home?" Sam asks as he wheels the wheelchair into the room.
"I have been in this room for six weeks. I have never been more ready for anything in my life," Colby carefully sits in the chair.
As they arrive at the house, their roommates rush out of the house.
Elton and Corey help Colby into the house, while Jake helped Sam with Colby's things.
Colby sits on the couch, leaning against Sam, and the two fall asleep.