55- Elton +Corey

•Title: "Cheer"
•Requester: @underappreciateduser
•Warnings: talk of depression, but not much
•Inspiration: Uhhhhhhhhh
•Type: sad, but not really. fluff
A/N: Okay so I sort of made it prank centric, but thought it was funny. Hope you enjoyed it. Also, if the format is off, I typed this in google docs then copied and pasted it. Lmao.
_______________
Elton's on a trip with Corbin, Jay, Andrea, and JC. As he is getting ready to start filming, his phone starts to ring. When seeing it's Colby calling, he steps away from his friends and slides his thumb across his phone and holds the phone to his ear.
"Hey, Colbs, can I call you back? I was literally just about to start filming," he says with a chuckle.
"No, actually," Colby responds quietly, a sense of urgency in his voice that causes Elton to tense.
"Why? What's wrong?" Elton asks cautiously.
"It's Corey. It happened again," Colby says with a sigh.
Elton runs his hand down his face with a sad sigh.
"How long?" Elton asks.
"It has been three days, the first day was gradual, but now it got worse suddenly. I know you're supposed to come home in a few days, but is there any way you can come sooner?" Colby asks quietly.
"Yeah. I'll be on the next flight," he ends the call abruptly and walks to his friends.
"Guys, I need to go home. Corey needs me. Your flights home are already paid for, as is admission to all activities, so feel free to follow the itineraries I emailed to you guys at the beginning of the trip. I'll see you later," he didn't let them respond as he jogs to the car. He trusts the others to bring home his bags, so he drives straight to the airport.
                     *****
He rushes into the house hours later, not even greeting his friends as he runs to his and Corey's bedroom.
"Hey, babe," he says as he sits on the bed with Corey.
"Leave me alone, Elton," Corey whispers, rolling over.
"Nope, come on," Elton picks Corey up and carries him downstairs and sits him on the couch, "Now, with the help of our friends, I will cheer you up."
"You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way
But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way," he sings, causing Corey to groan.
Elton sighs when realizing it didn't work.
"What if we filmed a tik tok?" Elton suggests.
Everyone, even Corey, looks at him in shock. Elton hates tik tok, so the fact that he suggested it means he's getting desperate.
"No."
"Movies?" Jake suggests, mainly because he wants to watch a movie but doesn't want to do so alone.
Elton gasps as if a light bulb appeared over his head as he carries Corey back upstairs.
"I need your help," he says desperately.
"I just wanna sleep, Elton," his boyfriend says.
"Yeah, but I want to prank Colby," Elton says with a devilish smile.
Corey smirks and sits up straight, "how so?"
"What if we turn his room into a ball pit?" Elton smiles happily.
"Oh," Corey looks down, "I don't know if I could help you," he says.
"Baby, it will help get you out of your thoughts," Elton tries to reason, succeeding as Corey nods.
"So, what's the plan?" Corey asks.
"Well, I know Jake will eventually sucker Sam and Colby into a movie night, since he has been wanting to watch a movie, hence why he suggested it," he pauses and smiles when seeing Corey's shocked expression, "So, when that inevitably happens, we will prop open his window before going outside and pouring the balls in."
"I like it," Corey pauses, thinking about the plan, "wait, his door opens into the hall, so what if we got him back for all of the times he's made a duct tape wall?"
"What do you mean?" Elton questions.
"We make the wall in his doorway, then pour the balls in through the window," he explains.
The two stand just as they hear the first movie start. They quickly tiptoe to Colby's room and Elton opens the window before they begin to duct tape the doorway. They finish an hour later before they go outside, through the garage so nobody would see them, and they pour over 1,000 balls into the poor man's room. They did all of this while filming, since Corey felt bad that Elton cut the TFIL trip short. They planted a go pro both in Colby's room, and outside the window. With a small laugh, they both walk into the living room and begin to watch the movie with their friends. As the movie ends, Corey taps Colby on the shoulder.
"Hey, do you have an extra phone charger? I lost mine," he says with a fake pout.
"Yeah, it's in my room. I'll go get it," he gets up and jogs up the stairs.
Elton quickly follows, carrying his camera. Curious, Sam and Jake follow as well, so Corey goes with them.
"Guys, what the hell!?" Colby yells as he sees his doorway duct taped.
Corey is laughing loudly as Colby goes downstairs, returning with a knife. He begins to cut the duct tape, dropping the knife and glaring at Elton, who is filming Colby while laughing, and Corey, who is clutching his stomach and laughing.
"I hate that you guys did this, but I'm glad Corey is smiling," he says as his friend slowly calms down.
Just as everyone goes quiet, Sam and Jake helping Colby get rid of the balls, Corey's dark thoughts return. An overwhelming wave of exhaustion hit him.
"Elty, can we go to bed? It's getting late," he says, looking up at his boyfriend, who grows concerned.
"Cor, it's only seven in the evening," he says.
"I just- Can we please just lay down?" Corey's voice breaks as he speaks.
Sam, Colby, and Jake all look in their direction briefly, before Colby closes his door to give the couple privacy. Elton puts his camera down and wraps his arms around his boyfriend.
"Yeah, we can go lay down. Come on, baby. I'm here," Elton and Corey walk down the hall and into their bedroom.
Elton lays down and pulls Corey with him, letting the younger male curl into him.
"I love you, Elton," he says.
"I love you, too."
___________________
A/N: Hope you liked this! Also, I have another one-shot book for the Vlogsquad, so if you have any requests for it, you can message me or comment on a part in that book! If I don't get requests, I'm just going to end the book and I don't want to do that. Have a nice day!!!