Chapter 12

This is Keira's chapter

"Oh my god that was hilarious!" Peter laughed once he and Steve were out of earshot.
Steve smiles. Peter noticed that Steve had a soft smile on his face.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"What? Oh it's nothing just how old are you Peter?"
"17?" Peter asked confused by the question.
"Right you're so Young and it's a long time since I've seen you laugh or even smile. I don't think I've seen you smile since-"
" please don't say it!"
"But Peter I think we need to talk."
"About what?" Peter said playing dumb hoping to change the subject.
"You know what Peter. Tony?" Cap said. Peter looked down. He really didn't want to talk about Mr.Stark especially not with Steve Rogers.
"Yeah I knew this was coming. I just don't know what to say. Sometimes it's easier to just not talk about it. I just want to forget it happened but I can't. He was always there for me when I needed him most!" Peter says close to tears.
"Peter I know you must feel alone all the time but you have to know you aren't alone okay? I'll be here for you! I know we aren't close but we can be? I'm not asking to replace Tony nobody can. But if you ever feel alone you can talk to me. I will always be there for you. You're part of my team now and we're a family!" Steve said to Peter. It breaks his heart that this young kid feels alone most of the time.
"Okay.It's nice to know I have someone looking out for me even if Mr.Stark is gone.Thank you sir!"
"If you're part of my family you have to call me Steve." Steve said in a teasing tone.
Peter smiles.
"Thank you Steve!"