Chapter 18

"They took Mantis! They took Mantis!" Starlord says pacing.
"Don't worry puny human, we will get her back!" Thor says trying to comfort Quill.
"Yeah Steve is going to come up with a plan! Right Steve?" Peter says. They all turn to look at Steve with hopeful looks on their faces. Steve looks at all of them and sighs. It seems like he will have to hit them with Reality no matter how much he does not want to believe it it us the truth, and his team deserves nothing but the truth. Even if it will break their hearts.
"Guys you do not know Red Skull like I do. I know him and I know what he is capable of! There is no going after Mantis! She's gone! Our families are gone !" Cap says. Rocket goes up to Cap pissed.
"Listen here Rogers, I do not care that you are the self appointed leader. A member of the only family I have ever known is in the clutches of a villain so powerful Captain America will not even fight him! Are you hearing yourself? What happened to the Captain America we all look up to? Where is he?" Rocket asked.
"He is gone. He disappeared as soon as Red Skull cane into the picture. You do not get it! Mantis cannot be saved. I am sorry but if we go after her we are doing just what Red Skull wants is to do. We cannot save Mantis. We try and get caught immediately she dies. We try and almost succeed we will get caught and she dies. Either way Mantis will not survive. None of us will survive! I am only trying to do what is best for the team here. I am trying to keep the team safe." Steve said upset that he is making everyone else upset. Lila stands up. "No this is not what is best for the team. I may not have been on the team for that long but I can tell by looking at everyone's faces that this is not how they want this to end. This is not just about Mantis. This is about everyone that has been taken! My mom, my brothers,Peter's Aunt,MJ,Ned,Shuri,Nakia. Cap we want to fight! We need to fight! Will you let us?" Hawkeye had never felt such pride for his daughter than it that moment. He stood "I want to fight!"
Nat was next "I was never one to back down." Then T'Challa "no one takes my sister and gets away with it!" Then Starlord "lets go show this Red son of a bitch who he is messing with!"
Cap looked around as everyone in the room stood up. He knew that their minds were made up and he could not change their minds. "Fine but it cannot be just us we need more help. We need strategy we need someone who else who can know how Red Skull thinks. I used to but a lot of time has gone by."
Peter looked up, eyes wide "did you just say you need someone who knows how Red Skull thinks?" Peter asked. "Yeah.." Steve says. Peter smiles.
"I think I know someone who can help!"