Chapter 20

Peter,Nat,Bruce, and Cap all step out of the portal.
They look around.
"Can anybody tell me where we are?" Cap asks.
"Colorado Springs in front of the Jones residence." Peter explains "there is a girl here named Mind storm. I don't know her real name! She can read minds!" It's only been a few weeks since Peter saw this on the news about a girl who can read minds.
" Ok so I'm going to try to get in and you guys need to bank me up? Ok? I'm going to be in there when she gets home because I'm pretty sure she's still in school!" Peter tried multiple times to get into the house. He tried to swing from the roof to kick the dot in but he ended up falling behind a bush. Suddenly the door opened and a voice said "is anyone there?" Peter looked up from behind the bush and saw a beautiful girl. She had bright green eyes and light blonde hair with clear fair skin. She was on the shorter side but so was he so he couldn't judge. He knew without a doubt that this had to be Mindstorm. Right then she noticed him and screamed.
"No no sorry don't be scared!"
"Wait a second aren't you Spider-Man?" She said.
"Yes and I brought my friends. Can we come inside?"
She looked shocked when she saw the other 3 avengers.
"Yes come on come in!"
Once they were inside Peter took off his mask.
"So I'm Peter Parker AKA Spider-Man! What's your name?" He asked Mind Storm.
"My name is Mia!" She said excited.
"How old are you Mia?" Cap asked.
"I'm 17"
"Hey just like me!" Peter exclaimed happy to have yet another teenager potentially on the team. Hopefully she says yes.
"So Mia we want to make this easy for you! We know you're Mind Storm!" Bruce says.
"What no i am not Mind Storm!" Mia lies. she could not believe they figured out her secret. She thought she was getting so good at hiding it. Just like someone else she knew. Oh no! He was going to be so disappointed in her that she could not keep her identity a secret. He has been able to keep his a secret for 2 years and she could not even last a month! But she could not let them know this.
"Mia we know! You really do not want to test me!" Nat says. It was in that moment that Mia knew she would have to feed up. These were the Avengers and she could not lie to them. She has been a fan since she was forever ago. "Ok fine I am Mind Storm! But what does this have to do with you guys! All I do is defend Colorado Springs! Please do not take that away from me! Am I not doing a good enough job? Are you here to give me tips on saving people? I can get better! I'll do what you tell me because I trust you. Although I have been saving people and I stopped a bank from being robbed so I actually think I am doing a pretty good job so I do not know what you could possibly what to teach me! Oh my god! That was rude! I did not mean to sound disrespectful I am actually a huge fan of all of you! Ok I am rambling now! Please say something because you scaring me I do not like silence! Please do not kill me for being accidentally rude!" Mia rambled on. Peter could not help it. He burst out laughing. She reminds him of himself when he rambled to Mr.Stark!
"Mia calm down! We are here because we need your help! How familiar are you with Captain America comics?" Peter asked.
"Very familiar I've been a fan of Captain America for as long as I can remember!" Cap smiled at Mia when she said that. It was always nice to meet a fan.
"So you are familiar with Red Skull right?"
"Yes of course!" Mia said confused an little insulted. She would not dare call herself a Captain America fan if she did not know who Red Skull was.
"Well Red Skull is back! He somehow escaped Vormir and got the reality stone. He kidnapped everyone who is important to us and we need help to get them back!" Mia started it understand why they were here.
"Look I know i have fought Red Skull before but it has been so long I have forgotten a lot about how he operates. So we needed to bring in someone special. Someone who could help us not get killed. Someone-"
"Someone who knows exactly how he thinks?" Mia cut cap off with that question. "I can read minds I know. I also invisibility so I know you guys think I'm an asset but I really do not know how much good I can bring to the team. I really do not have enough experience." Mia said. Upset that she was disappointing them. Bruce walked up to her.
" Mia I get that you do not want to mess thing up but there are a lot of people who need your help. You cannot let them down. If we succeed you will be a hero and we can train you. Even if you do not succeed we will train you ok? I am almost 100% sure we will succeed if we all work together!" They all looked at her urging her to continue. She was still uncertain. Something seemed wrong about joining the Avengers without him. All the sudden dust started circling the room. Then a boy with brown hair and green eyes was standing next to her.
"Hey sis what's up?" Her brother,Dylan AKA DustNova, had arrived. "Why are 4 of the avengers standing in our living room?"
"They want me to join the team. Guys this is Dylan my twin brother he can teleport." The 4 superheroes shared a look.
" we need you both to help us. What do you say? Are you in?" Peter asked them.
The twins looked at each other. What were they going to say?