Chapter 38

Mia stood there in shock. Her brother was just thrown through a portal with the enemy.
Steve was worried about her. He had gotten to know Mia and he now knew she was not really a quiet person once you got to know her. So this really concerned him. He tried to break her out of whatever trance she was in.
"Mia.... honey... are you in there? Are you okay? Come on I know you are shocked but we have to save your brother. You need fun be strong. Can you do that? Please honey say you can do that!" Steve told her softly. Lila although distraught was confused.
"Will Peter be ok with you calling her honey?" She asked through her tears.
"Yeah Mia is like a daughter to me!" Steve defended. Lila kept crying. "I can not believe I did that. Why did he do that? This is all my fault!" She cried. Mia broke out of whatever state she was in just then and saw Lila crying. She suddenly remembered why Lila was there. She felt rage course through her body! Lila was the reason her brother got taken away and she was going to let her have it!
"Shut up you bitch! You have nothing to cry about! This is all your damn fault! Because of you Dylan is in danger with no chance of escaping!" She yelled.
"Mia she obviously feels bad ab" Steve tried interrupting.
"I DO NOT CARE IF SHE FEELS BAD THEY DOES NOT BRING MY BROTHER BACK! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO TAKE HER SIDE??" Mia screamed.
"Yes because I know that it what Dylan would want. He would not want us to be mad at Lila and he would know that it was an accident and she never meant to put him in danger!" Lila was full on sobbing right now. Mia finally calmed down at Steve's words and felt awful. She liked Lila and she didn't want her to cry. She walked over to her.
"Lila I'm so sorry! I didn't mean any of what I just said I was just upset that Strange took my brother. You didn't know that you attacking meant he would take Dylan! This isn't your fault okay? I'm sorry for making you feel like it is!" Mia apologized. Lila looked at her and hugged her. "It's ok! I forgive you! I can understand. I know how close you and Dylan are." She said. Steve felt awkward just standing there. He knew he had to get them back in track but he did not know how to interject in this heart to heart it was really sweet. How he picked to like a girl nothing like these two was crazy. But he always liked girls who didn't let their feeling get the best of them.
Peter and Dylan were lucky to have these girls love them though. Even though they got off track and we're completely oblivious to the situation at hand and forgot the reason they were crying.
"Um girls! I am glad that you guys are friends and all that but we have to save Dylan!" He told them.
"Right! Let's get my brother back!"
"Let's kill this wizard asshole!" Lila said

Peter and Thor were feeling hopeless they were trying to find other ways into the building but it was not working. They could not find any other entrances that were safe.
"What are we going to do?" Peter said.
"I do not know Man of Spiders!"
"Ok why the heck are the two people that could get us into the building working together and not in separate teams?" Pepper asked.
"She's right! We should have brought one of the twins with us!" Hope said.
"Yeah But Dylan was working with Steve and Mia and Peter are not allowed to work together!" Scott said.
"Wait why aren't I allowed to work with my girlfriend?"
"Because you are too in love to work together efficiently! You would get distracted!"
"No I wouldn't!"
"Yes you would!"
"You want to go insect dude!"
"Bring it on arachnide nerd!"
"Guys! Stop it! We do not need you two fighting as well!" Hope told them rolling her eyes. Why Scott has to argue with the teenager was beyond her knowledge. All the sudden a beam of light appeared. Strange stepped out of the portal with Dylan.
"Hey get your hands off him Traitor!" Thor yelled.
"Yeah what do you need with Dylan!" Hope yelled.
"Get your paws off my best friend!" Peter yelled. That stopped all the chaos and everyone started at Peter. They were all very confused.
"Best friend? Have you two even had more than one conversation?" Pepper asked. Peter rubbed the back of his neck. It was true he did not put that much effort into being friends with Dylan.
"Ok no but we could be best friends!"
"I'm glad you are all here so I can tell you my plan. Peter was stupid enough to recruit the twins. But I need to know how they got their powers. I bewitched him so he would know about Mia knowing it would lead me to Dylan. I am going to take him to a lab and do experiments on him. There's a lab in Montauk New York that specializes in human experiments and I am going to see how he got his powers and then drain them from his body!"
"But they seems so dangerous! Will he be okay?"
"Probably not! He will most likely die without his powers. But I do not care as long as I get his powers!"
"You are willing to kill a teenager for his teleportation ability? Can't you teleport?" Pepper asked confused.
"Yes but his way is more effective and I wouldn't have to conjure a portal! you can all thank Peter when Dylan is dead!" He stepped through a portal and was gone. Peter fell to the ground "it's all my fault!" He kept whispering to himself