Day 2 - Pets (Royality)

"Patton!" Roman sung, waltzing into the common room.

"Yeah, Roman?" He smiled up at his boyfriend from his position on the couch. Virgil, who was curled into his side, groaned at the disturbance. They weren't dating, but Roman had gotten used to the fact that Virgil loved cuddles with Patton no matter what. It happened before Roman and Patton weren't dating and certainly didn't stop when they got together.

"I have something to show you, a certain surprise, you might say."

"Virgil, are you okay if I go with Roman?" Patton stroked back Virgil's fringe and rubbed his thumb on his forehead, a sign of comfort.

Virgil hummed in reply and loosened his grip on Patton's waist, allowing him to get up. He bounced over to Roman and took his hand as they walked out together.

"So, where are we going?" Patton asked, knowing he wouldn't be told, but knowing if he asked enough, he'd have enough clues to figure it out.

Roman smirked and played with Patton's thumb, using his own."Nice try, but you're not getting any information out of me."

Patton turned to his boyfriend, pouting and looking up at him with wide eyes. Roman used his free hand to make a barrier between his eyes and Patton's face.. "And no puppy eyes! You know I can't withstand the puppy eyes, Love."

"Alright..." Patton hummed, grumbling in defeat. 

After making it into the Imagination, they chatted casually, until Patton noticed a magnificent greenhouse, with glazed glass, white frames and a dome roof.

"Roman, this is amazing! It's so beautiful!" Patton exclaimed, studying the building in awe.

"Yeah? Just wait until you see what's inside! You've got to promise me one thing though."
Patton turned to his boyfriend, frowning from his sudden serious tone. He held eye contact, asking Roman to continue.

"You love all animals, right?"

Patton laughed, relieved. "Of course I do, no matter if I'm allergic or not!"

"Okay, good." Roman reached out to the double doors at the entrance of the greenhouse, "I believe you." He pushed the doors open.

"Roman, why so serious-" Patton stopped mid sentence as he took in the scene before him.

Along the wall was a few shelves of terrariums, most with a snake inside. The rest of the greenhouse as like an indoor arboretum. There were so many types of snakes, and Patton was astounded.

"This is so cool! Roman, how long has this been here?" Patton let go of Roman's hand and skipped over to the shelves, looking into each container. Roman followed close behind and grinned at Patton's excitement.

"Well, I'd say a few years..."

"Years?!"

Roman chuckled. "Do you want to hold one?"

"Yes!" Patton chirped, barely able to contain his excitement.

"How about you pick one and I'll tell you if you can hold it or not."

"Sounds good to me."

Patton got on his knees and started looking from the bottom row, up. He occasionally lingered at one terrarium, before moving on to look at the rest. However, there was one in particular that he stopped and watched for longer than the rest.