Day 16 - Parade (Royality)

C.W. Almost smut.

This is basically a bunch of headcanons, you're welcome.

~~~

~My Prince~

'so you know the plan'

'I think so. Ask parents to stay at yours tonight, go to pride tomorrow, stay the night again, destroy the evidence, make it home okay!'

'perfect see you soon x'

'Xxx'

Patton lay back on his bed and dropped his phone onto his chest. His face was burning red. He would never get over Roman's text-kisses. He'd never get over Roman. He never wanted to get over Roman.

Roman was perfect. He never pressured Patton into coming out to his parents. He didn't mind that they couldn't hang out at his house because of it. He was always there when Patton needed him.

Patton did what he could in return. He never forgot an anniversary, made sure they hung out outside of school, treasured the time they did spend together. Now he'd gone a step further. He'd suggested to Roman that they go to Pride a while ago. Roman was all for the idea after some initial hesitation but he soon let Patton's excitement guide his decision.

Patton packed his rucksack and wandered down the hall. It had gotten to the point that he could call out to his parents that he was leaving before heading out the door.

"I'm staying at Roman's tonight," Patton called through to the living room.

"Hang on a sec, Kiddo," his dad said.

Patton wandered through to his parents. He knew that they were probably pranking him by making him worried but he couldn't help but let some of that nervousness be real. He stood in the doorway, in front of the sofa they were both sitting on.

"You're forgetting something."

Now Patton knew it was a joke. "Really? What is it, then?"

"Your grandparents are coming over tomorrow for lunch. You have to be here."

Patton's stomach sank. But... Pride? He had to go! They'd been organising this for weeks. Roman was so excited, almost as much as Patton was.

"Why? It's just for lunch."

"Patton... they're coming over from Tenerife. You barely ever see them. Have some respect."

Patton stuttered for a moment but realised he had nothing else to say. Instead he turned back and bolted to his room. He threw his backpack off onto the floor and collapsed onto his bed. His heart was pounding out of his chest as he pulled out his phone and send a quick text to Roman.

'I can't come.'

'sounds like a you problem'

'My grandparents are coming over for lunch tomorrow and I have to be here.'

'tenerife or dead grandparents'

'Not funny Ro. I'm serious. I don't know what to do!'

'hey hey calm down babe well figure something out'

'Like what? I'm not allowed to leave!'

'i have a plan'

'Oh no.'

Patton couldn't sleep. His mind was whirring. His (homophobic) grandparents, Pride, Roman, his parents. It's not like he could ask them to leave because he'd need to give them a reason.