Day 19 - Art (LAMP)

C.W: Stress?, swearing.

In regards to the song,  it's featured in the opening of Those People, which is THE saddest movie I've ever seen. Also, it's gay. It's on Netflix and I soooooo recommend it. Not to kiddos, though. It's rated 'Guidance' but it gets kind of inappropriate. 

~~~

When Roman walked into their apartment for the first time, he was... confused, to say the least. His roommate, Patton, had suddenly gone emo? He was in a thick, black hoodie, ripped, black jeans, and he'd dyed his hair black! He didn't even turn to greet Roman when he'd walked in.

"Woah, Pat, what's driven you down the path of darkness?"

Roman was fresh out of college, finishing his HND in musical theatre with flying colours. Needing an apartment, he'd gone to craigslist to find someone to share an apartment with. On only the second page, he'd found Patton.

Patton was a man a couple years older than him who had been evicted from his last apartment for keeping a dog there. Roman, being the dog lover he was, immediately texted this guy. They'd agreed to get to know each other for a bit first, but they were both too impatient and moved into a new apartment within the month.

And now here Roman was, staring at a guy who was supposedly Patton-gone-emo.

"Gee, thanks," Patton snarkily replied.

Roman was taken aback by Patton's attitude. He sounded so nice over text. Roman internally cursed himself for not meeting up with Patton in person first before moving in with him.

"You sounded a lot nicer over text. If I knew you'd be this rude, I wouldn't have agreed to this."

"Dude, what are you on about? I've never met you before in my life."

"That's my point! We should've met up first because everyone is so much different online. On text it was 'hey! I'm the lovely, charming Patton! I wouldn't hurt a fly and I got kicked out of my old apartment for keeping a dog there!' And now here!"

Roman slouched over and stuffed his hands in his jacket's pockets. He put on an over-exaggerated glare and stared Patton straight in the eyes.

"'Who the fuck are you-'" Roman lowered his voice and made it gritty to mimic Patton's voice- "dude. I've never been nice to anyone in my entire life, dude.'"

"What the fuck is your problem?" A wave of realisation washed over Patton's face. "Hold on. Are you Roman?"

"Yuh-doy."

A smirk appeared on Patton's face. He started laughing and fuck, why is the apartment so warm. Roman's face heated up watching Patton throw his head back with way too much exaggeration. No. No way. He does not catch feelings this quickly.

"Dude, I'm not Patton," apparently-not-Patton managed to get out through his laughter. "I'm his friend, Virgil. I'm just here to paint the base colours for the mural."

Roman looked down and saw the pots of paint at Virgil's feet, and the start of a pink area in the bottom right corner of the wall. Patton had talked about having a mural in their living room...

"Oh..."

"Yeah. Can you go sort your stuff out now? I need to work."

Roman came back from his flushed haze and nodded, dragging his suitcase behind him, into his room. He slammed the door behind himself and sunk down it. Attempting to calm his racing heart, he started taking deep breaths. Who knew Patton's friends were so attractive? Was Patton also this attractive?!

This guy, Virgil, was nowhere near his type, but there was something so intriguing about him. Roman wanted to break down those walls he'd put up to hide himself. He wanted to learn about him in the depths of the night while holding him in his arms. He wanted to press little kisses to his lips when he was telling Roman something he was particularly nervous about. Jesus, Roman was too gay for his own good.