Day 13 - Anniversary (Analogical)

C.W. None

No spoilers but oof the new video (DWIT)

Fun fact! I don't really like Girls Like Girls but it's gay so I'm including it.

~~~

Virgil groaned, hesitantly pulling himself from sleep. He squeezed his eyes to keep the morning light from getting through. Damn, they really needed to get curtains. He stretched out as carefully as possible, not wanting to wake his husband who was presumably sound asleep next to him. The quiet didn't last long though, because Virgil felt his right calf begin to seize up. He hissed out swears and curled in on himself. Logan stirred beside him and he cursed again at waking him up.

"Virge? Are you okay?" Logan asked, voice thick with lingering sleep.

"Yep." Virgil's voice was strained, completely countering his answer.

Logan sat up and rubbed his eyes, grabbing his glasses off the bedside table and slipping them on. He analysed the situation and considering Virgil was gripping his leg, face scrunched in pain, he concluded that Virgil had cramp.

"Cramp?"

Virgil nodded and carefully let his leg go, moving it around.

"It's fine now."

Logan smiled and pressed a quick kiss to Virgil's cheek. He got out of bed and wandered through to the bathroom. Virgil shut his eyes again, not to sleep but just to think. He felt the duvet shift by his feet as if someone was on top of it. 

A moment later, Virgil had fur pressed up against his cheek. He opened his eyes to see a white cat with black ears curled up next to his face. A quick glance at the red collar and he knew it was Andromeda. Andromeda had always had a soft spot for him and loved sleeping in bed with him and Logan. She'd frequently manage to squeeze herself in between Virgil and Logan in the middle of the night.

Virgil ran his hand over the fur on her back, making her purr. He smiled at the peacefulness of the morning. Today felt different for some reason but it was just because it was the weekend. Hearing the shower start up, Virgil swung his legs out of bed and sauntered out of the room and downstairs. He walked into the kitchen, flicking the light on and getting the previously prepared pancake batter out of the fridge.

Virgil had begged Logan to let them have pancakes the previous night. Logan had been adamant about keeping to their eating schedule and having something light for breakfast, but soon gave in when Virgil brought up the 'weekend relaxation' argument.

He grabbed a frying pan out of the cupboard and poured oil into it, placing it on the stove top. As soon as it started sparking and sizzling, he poured in a ladleful of batter, swirling it around to get an even amount of pancake over the whole pan. Waiting a minute or so, he decided to flip it with a spatula for safety reasons. He was too drowsy to flip it in the air, and he'd rather eat the pancakes than pick them off the floor.

Letting the pancake simmer for a few more minutes, he grabbed two plates out of the cupboard, setting them on the counter. He slid the current pancake out of the pan and onto the closest plate.

About two pancakes later, Logan came strolling down the stairs in a pair of blue jeans, black t-shirt and blue flannel. Virgil had convinced Logan some time ago to dress more casually at the weekend. It was still a rare sight, but Logan had come to enjoy taking a more relaxed day off. He smiled at Virgil swaying his hips to the mellow music he'd put on. As he walked past to the coffee machine, he kissed Virgil's cheek, making him jump.

"Oh, hey Logan. Do you want me to-" Virgil began to reach for the speaker to turn it off, knowing Logan wasn't too fond of music in the morning.

Logan pressed his lips to Virgil's, stopping his question. "It's fine, plus I like seeing you so happy."