Day 30 - Last Goodbye (LAMP/Polysanders)

C.W. Big sad times, crying, swearing.

I wouldn't listen to the song before the fic...

~~~

Logan stood in front of the mirror and adjusted his tie for what felt like the millionth time that morning. He sighed and reached to do it again, but stopped himself when his door opened, revealing a very upset Patton.

"Patton," Logan said, voice laced with empathy. He held out his arms for Patton to go to, and Patton did, immediately wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

"I'm not ready, Lo. I don't want to," Patton sobbed into his shoulder.

"I know, Patton, I know. It's not our choice, though. We knew this would happen eventually."

"But not so soon! I'm not ready yet."

Logan held Patton to provide all of the consolation he could, but he knew Patton would not be eased. Logan led him through the sea of boxes littered around his room to get to his bed, lying down and letting Patton curl onto his chest. Still faintly crying, but somewhat calmer, Patton became very tired and cuddled further into Logan. All Logan could do was run his fingers through Patton's hair and hold him.

Not much later, Virgil peeked around the doorway, seeing Logan and Patton on the bed cuddled up to each other. Worried about disturbing them, he started backing away, but Logan opened his eyes before he could escape.

Logan took a moment to take in Virgil's appearance. His eyeshadow was smudged from crying and he looked completely worn down. Logan barely had to think before he offered, "Virgil, would you like to join us?"

Virgil nodded and lay down on the side of Logan that Patton wasn't occupying. Logan let go of Patton with one arm and lay his hand out out for Virgil to take. Virgil's free arm went over Patton and Logan, letting Patton know he was there.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Logan asked, feeling Virgil shake his head. He kissed Logan's temple and tucked his head into the crook of Logan's neck.

"I'm just scared. I'll miss him."

"We will too, Virgil, but we'll have each other."

"You don't know that."

"I hope that. Isn't that enough?"

Rather than arguing back, Virgil submitted and sighed. He remembered going into Roman's room. 

~~~

Roman was sitting at his desk, carding his fingers through his hair with no remorse.

"Roman? Are you okay?"

Roman growled. "No, Virgil, I'm not fucking okay!"  he said, bringing his voice from a mutter to full shouting in a matter of seconds.

Virgil flinched back. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to see if you wanted comfort." Muttering, he added "or if you could comfort me."

"Virgil." Roman stood up and stalked over to Virgil, taking a firm grip on the door. "I don't have time for this. I need to stop Thomas before he makes the most stupid decision of his life! I don't need comfort, I need help."

"There's no point, we can't do anything to stop this."

"But I'm his creativity, there must be something I can do."

"Roman, I promise you there isn't. Now, will you calm down so I can spend the last day of my life with you?"

Roman scoffed. He paused for a moment, staring down at the ground, trying to find a reasonable way to respond. When he looked back up, fire burning in his eyes, a scowl plastered on his face, he was met with Virgil's terrified expression. Before he could change his mind, he slammed the door, almost hitting Virgil with it, who managed to jump out of the way in time. He locked the door and returned to his desk, feeling only a smither of guilt.