Day 22 - Tears (Platonic Analogical and Logince)

C.W. Break-up, break down, mention of alleged insanity, crying (duh), mention of heightened anxiety, mention of stress, mention of arguing.

Handsome Devil is such a good freaking movie. Firstly, it's gay, and who doesn't love a good gay movie. Secondly, amazing songs and song references. Thirdly, ANDREW SCOTT IS IN IT. If you're out of the loop, I freaking love Andrew Scott. Anyway, it's an amazing movie, it's on Netflix, w a t c h  i t.

So this story is a mixture of today's prompt, two DTIYS's (which I have a separate book for) and a SU episode. Oof.

~~~

Virgil was in the observation room. He'd asked Roman to create it some time ago. It was similar to the one in Steven Universe, you'd select a place to go and it would create the world. The only difference was that there was settings instead of free rein. Thomas' view, a beach, a forest, space, etc.

Virgil always went up there to relax if he needed time to think, get away from the others or calm down if he was feeling particularly anxious. This time, it was a mixture of all three. Thomas was preparing for an audition and was feeling anxious about it (as he always does). Roman had been stressed out of his mind with the preparations, pissing Virgil off more than usual. Logan had been working with Roman to make sure the lines and songs stayed in Thomas' head, leading to more arguments than usual. Patton was trying to be some sort of moderator, which really wasn't working. Virgil had to get away from it all.

So there he was, sitting in the middle of space, trying to clear his mind. He'd been there for what felt like hours. His phone was left behind in his room. He didn't like having distractions while he was there.

His peace was soon broken, though, as the door creaked open. Virgil didn't bother turning around, hoping whoever it was would go away. He heard the person freeze.

"Ah, Virgil. Apologies, I'll leave."

Virgil glanced over at the sound of Logan's voice. It was unsteady and raw, nothing like Logan's usual composure. All he saw was his back but he wanted to know what was wrong. Logan was the only side that didn't often come up here unless he had a specific reason to.

"Logan?"

Logan stopped, door ajar so he could still hear what Virgil had to say. "Please stay."

He stepped back into the room, shutting the door behind him but staying firmly against it. He let out a shuddery breath, keeping his head firmly to the floor.

"Logan, what's wrong?" Virgil turned to face him now. He could tell how upset Logan was from his slumped posture. When he didn't respond, Virgil stood up and walked over to him. He grabbed his arm, maybe a little too rough, and dragged him over to the middle of the room. Only then did he see just how broken Logan looked. His eyes were puffy and red, his eyebrows furrowed.

Virgil pulled him down to sit next to him. Logan immediately crossed his legs out of habit, but kept his slumped posture. They sat in silence. Virgil didn't know how to start the conversation and Logan still needed to collect his thoughts.

Logan looked up at the stars. They served as a memory of him. Logan closed his eyes as he felt them begin to sting with new tears. He sighed as they escaped underneath his eyelids. The memories flashing through his head didn't help either. The good ones, the bad ones, the last one. He hissed in a breath through his teeth, keeping himself from sobbing.

"Logan?"

Virgil's voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he turned to see his friend looking at him with concern roaming in his eyes. He took his glasses off and wiped his eyes.