Day 12 - Shopping (Logicality)

Trigger warnings: N/A

Ft. Non Binary!Virgil (bc I accidentally fell in love with them)

~~~

Patton and Logan walked hand in hand across the wasteland. Logan, with a rifle strapped over his back, was talking about elements, and their purposes. Patton softly smiled, even though Logan couldn't see past the ventilation mask. He subconsciously swung his throwing axe on his left, away from Logan, his full attention on his boyfriend's words.

Just as Logan was wrapping up his rant on fluoride, a propeller's humming could be heard approaching overhead. They both looked towards the sound and saw two Amazon delivery drones trundling along. They couple smirked at each other and let go of their hands.

"Left," Logan declared, stating that he would shoot down the one on the left.

"Right!" Patton responded, wielding his axe with both arms.

They both aimed and shot in sync. Patton grunted with the effort of throwing the axe, and Logan stayed surprisingly stable as the gunshot rang out. They both ran forward to catch the drones in the hopes of protecting what was inside. Patton ripped his open as soon as he got it, revealing a kid's halloween costume.

"Lo..." he whined, guilt pooling in his stomach. Patton always hated it when they shot down something that could have meant a lot to something. Images of the child playing in the costume ran through his mind. The child's face quickly contorted into a look of sadness as the costume faded away, revealing the plain, bland clothing that was mandatory then.

Logan looked over, seeing Patton clutching a bag containing a princess costume, axe still in the drone lying on the ground. He smiled and walked over, taking the bag and ripping it open. He took the cheap, plastic tiara inside and placed it on Patton's head, making him giggle. Logan leant down and pressed his forehead to Patton's, unable to kiss him due to the ventilation masks they both had to wear due to the barren wasteland they were travelling across. Patton reached out and took Logan's hands, intertwining their fingers.

"So, what's in yours?" Patton asked, pulling away but staying close.

Logan took a step back and carefully removed the packaging. Letting the tyvek fall to the floor, he unwrapped the bubble wrap, revealing what was inside. A small black box sat on Logan's palm. Realising what it was, Patton looked up at his boyfriend. Logan couldn't tear his eyes away from the box, opening it with shaking hands. Inside sat a small silver ring with a crystal on top.

Logan looked up to meet Patton's eyes, both blushing furiously with their heart pounding against their chest. Logan sunk to the ground onto one knee, mainly because he knew his knees would buckle if he stood for much longer. Tears began to pour down Patton's cheeks and his hands flew up to his mouth.

"Patton. I- I didn't expect to be doing this right now, to be perfectly honest. A few years ago, I promised myself that if I ever managed to find a ring, I would propose as soon as I could. I suppose- well- that would be now."

He finally presented the ring to Patton, rather than keeping it clutched to his chest.

"You mean so much to me Patton. You've stayed with me through the End of the World. You've taught me to love, to show emotion, to open up. I will be eternally grateful for that, and I'd love to spend that eternity with you. So, Patton...

"Will you marry me?"

Patton sank to his knees in front of Logan, nodding furiously and sending a flurry of acceptance and thankfulness towards his now-fiancé. He held out his hand, letting Logan take it to keep it from shaking and slipping the ring onto his finger. Unable to help himself any longer, he ripped off his and Logan's mask, sending his tiara clattering off his head. He grabbed Logan's cheeks and pulled him in to connect their lips. He managed to knock Logan over, sending him reeling backwards onto the ground. Logan panicked for a moment at the barely-breathable atmosphere, but figured out he didn't care and kissed back, wrapping his arms around Patton's waist.

As soon as Patton pulled away, he grabbed his ventilation mask off the ground and pulled it over his mouth, taking a few deep breaths. Logan pulled his down from his forehead, enjoying the cleaner air for a moment. He stood up, brushing himself off, and held out a hand for Patton. Patton took it, eyes reflecting his smile, and jumped up.

"C'mon, Virgil will get worried if they don't know where we are."

The couple walked over the wasteland, knocking down drones as they made their way to their friend's den.

~~~

Oof this is really short.

This is Patton's ring, if you were wondering.  I'm really bad at describing things...

  I'm really bad at describing things