Day 10 - Rainbow (Moxiety)

Content warnings: crying.

YES THIS IS A PIXIE HOLLOW AU I LOVE TINKERBELL LEAVE ME ALONE

~~~

A baby's first laugh. The seeds of a dandelion flew off the plant. Most got caught along the way, but one drifted along the wind, across land and ocean. It floated past the Second Star, and arrived at a magnificent tree. With a dash of pixie dust over the dandelion, a boy formed, the seed draping into a skirt around his waist. He glanced around, seeing what he thought were fairies. His eyes blew wide and he hugged himself with his arms.

A chorus of greetings followed, but one 'hello' stood out to him in particular. Another boy, wearing a yellow v-neck tunic and shorts. His smile was gorgeously bright, and his eyes shone blue. The new fairy found his gaze lingering.

"Born of laughter,-" a voice said behind him. He blushed as reality came crashing down on him and turned around. A woman floated there, her dress and wings seemingly made of pixie dust- "clothed in cheer. Happiness has brought you here. Welcome to Pixie Hollow. I am Queen Clarion."

"Hi?" the boy says, unsure of this strange environment.

She chuckled and flew around to his back. "Now, let's see about those wings."

"Wings?" the boy jumped around to face the Queen again.

"Do not worry, dear. You will need them."

She guided him back around by his shoulders and created his wings. They had reasonably sharp corners and were all one shape on each side, not unlike Queen Clarion's.

"Can you fly for us?" She took his hand and guided him up. He fluttered his wings and flew up into the air. He floated from side to side and landed again. The Queen smiled down at him, and he shied away.

She raised her hand and small mushrooms appeared around the swirl pattern in the ground that he was in the middle of. With a nod from the Queen, fairies all around came forward, holding items to place on the mushrooms.

The boy glanced around, before looking back at Queen Clarion. She gestured to the mushrooms, indicating that he should investigate. He got the idea and walked over to the nearest, a ball of water. He reached out to it with both hands, ready to hold it, but it broke, crashing down into a puddle on the mushroom. The boy frowned and walked to the next. A small dust tornado spun. Not knowing what to do with this one, he held his hand out, palm facing upwards. As he was about to touch it, the tornado drifted into his hand. He snapped back up with it still spinning in his hand. He frantically looked around as cheers erupted from the audience of fairies.

He found the boy in yellow, who was staring at him in concern, not cheering with the others. As the boy was about to duck his head away, the other made a gesture for him to take a deep breath. He did, and immediately felt calm. The corners of his mouth twitched up, but he quickly forced a frown back on his face.

The mushrooms disappeared and Queen Clarion silenced the fairies. "Fast-flying fairies, come forward and greet the newest member of your talent guild, Virgil."

"Fast-flying?" the new fairy, Virgil, muttered. He looked up, and saw three fairies in purple fly towards him. They landed in front of him, and Virgil took a step backwards.

"I'm Vidia. I'm the fastest of all of us," the leader of the group announced. "This is Elwood and this is Leeta."

She pointed behind her to the boy and girl in turn. Elwood send him a flirtatious salute, and Leeta waved.

"We have work to do, so let's go." Vidia flew off, followed by her comrades. Virgil glanced back one last time to where the boy in yellow clothing was, but saw no one there. He quickly flew after them, not wanting to be left behind.