Day 24 - Colours (MLP)

C.W. Blood, injuries, crying, mention of self-harm.

Still shook that Kidz Bop cut out 'No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgender life' and the bit about race even though they're the whole point of the song.

Before you read this, please note my headcanon that the sides can only heal injuries if they're calm or unaffected by the person who created them (think Logan getting fuckin shuriken-ed in the face by Remus, and Roman (or Thomas' ego) being bruised after the bad audition).

This takes place before Virgil turns up btw.

~~~

Red. Passion, seduction, adventure.

Roman stumbled out of the imagination. He slammed the door closed and sank down against it. Still panting, he tried to staunch the blood dripping from his forehead. With the other hand, he clutched his ankle. He must've went over it or something because it hurt like a bitch.

"Shit," he hissed. It was mostly relief that he managed to escape but he had to have a verbal release for the pain too.

He brought his hand away from his forehead but seeing it covered in blood, he ripped off his sash and tied it tightly around his head. He stamped his sore foot a couple of times and even though it still hurt, he pushed himself up to stand. Hearing the TV on, he figured he could creep back to his room without either of his boyfriends hearing.

He limped down the hall and slipped into his room. He hadn't been spending much time in there considering Thomas was taking a break from YouTube after a particularly big acting role. He'd usually work in there considering his room's effect of enhancing creativity. However, they'd agreed to all sleep together in Logan's room.

He started rummaging around in his desk drawers for the first aid kit. He always kept one for a situation like this. After the first two drawers, Roman ripped open the top one a little too forcefully, the pain getting to him. It came right out of the slot and clattered to the ground.

Roman cursed and collapsed down to put everything back in. He pushed the first aid kit to one side so he didn't put it back in accidentally. Just as he was about to but the drawer back, he heard a sound outside his door.

Three even knocks.

~~~

Orange. Health, creativity, warmth.

"Ro?" Patton called through the door. "Is everything okay?"

Roman didn't know how to respond. He was certain that if he tried to verbally respond he'd either sound very not okay or his voice would crack. Then again, if he opened the door himself, Patton would have to immediately see him bleeding fairly heavily.

So he did nothing.

"Roman, are you okay?" Patton's voice was getting increasingly more frantic.

Roman opened his mouth to say something but all that came out was a squeak and an involuntary sob.

The door opened immediately. "Ro! What happened?"

Patton, of course, saw the cut straight away. He rushed over and sank to his knees, pulling Roman towards himself. He cradled his head with one hand while the other was firmly around his back. Roman cried into the crook of his neck, giving in to the weakness he felt.

"I failed," he managed to utter, before breaking into more sobs.

Patton eased him with gentle shushes. "You didn't fail, Ro. Failing is giving up and you're more resilient than that."