★ | 010. in love with best friend, yuri on ice

Book: Multipeople Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 10: In Love With Best Friend, Yuri On Ice
Word Count: 720

Book: Multipeople Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 10: In Love With Best Friend, Yuri On Ice Word Count: 720

He knew he was losing him. Yuuri was his best friend, the guy he was in love with, the guy who had always been there for him. Ever since Victor came to town to train him, [name] had been seeing Yuuri less and less and when he did see him, Victor wasn't far behind.

Victor was Yuuri's celebrity crush but it had never bothered [name] because there was no way they could actually meet each other and for Yuuri to have the chance to be with him, right? Wrong.

[name]'s heart was slowly breaking and Yuuri had no idea. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault [name] was such a coward and couldn't tell him how he truly felt.

Enough was enough. [name] was going to tell him and screw the consequences. It was a risk he had to take. The thought of being with Yuuri out weighed the thought of being rejected. It was better to know he tried than regret it and not try. Though it wasn't going exactly as planned. He had arrived at Yuuri's house about half an hour ago and had hardly said a word.

"Is everything okay?" Yuuri asked, concerned eyes looking at him through his glasses. He was so cute.

"What? Of course I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be okay?" He rambled back, blushing. He cleared his throat, twiddling his fingers nervously. It was the first time he had ever not been able to talk to his best friend.

Yuuri sighed and got up, walking over to him and sitting closer. "Why are you acting like this? You know you can tell me anything." He put his hands over [name]'s, not realising that only made him ten times nervous and his heart feel like it was about to explode out of his chest.

"Okay but what I'm about to tell you is... really important and I don't want you to freak out." [name] started, turning his body to face him. "Promise me."

Yuuri furrowed his eyebrows worriedly, "you're really starting to freak me out." He paused. "But I promise not to freak out. Now please tell me."

"Okay, okay." [name] nodded trying to get his thoughts together. Does he joke, stay serious, go corny? How was he supposed to say this? "Um, where do I begin..." He trailed off, squeezing Yuuri's hands. "It started when we were young... I kinda grew a small crush on you and than it kinda grew and grew and grew until it was just... boom."

Trying to follow what he was saying, Yuuri's eyes widened. "W-What are you saying? You, you have a crush on me?"

"It's more then a crush. Way more. As in... I'm in love with you." [name] smiled widely, hoping that was hiding exactly how scared he was. Yuuri stayed silent and [name]'s cheeks started to hurt from smiling so hard. He stood up quickly, removing his hands from Yuuri's. "Nice talk! I should go! I'll see you later." He called, rushing out of the house. "I'm such an idiot!"

"Wait! [name], wait!" Yuuri's voice called from behind him. He slowed down but Yuuri didn't and he ended up smacking into [name]'s back, knocking them both onto the ground. [name]'s face squished into the snow covered ground as Yuuri lied over his back. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" Yuuri sat moved, flipping [name] over to see if he was hurt.

"I'm fine." [name] whispered, sitting up. "Why did you stop me--" He was cut off as a soft, warm pair of lips pushed against his cold ones. It took him a couple seconds to realise what was going on. Was Yuuri actually kissing him? Or had he officially gone insane? Yuuri pulled back, cheeks beet red. "You kissed me."

"Uh... yeah. You kissed me back." Yuuri nervously laughed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "You left before I could say anything."

"I didn't want to face rejection." [name] replied.

"You wouldn't of been rejected." Yuuri smiled happily.

"Well in that case." [name] leaned forward and kissed him again.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio