★ | 094. not so perfect life, the vampire diaries

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 94: Not So Perfect Life, The Vampire Diaries
Word Count: 1144

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 94: Not So Perfect Life, The Vampire DiariesWord Count: 1144

He had a very boring life. He had the perfect girlfriend, he was a football player and his family life was average. He wasn't complaining. It's just sometimes, he wanted something different. Unfortunately, you have to be careful what you wished for, because not even days later, the Salvatore brothers came to town and everything changed.

Including, his feelings for his girlfriend. She was perfect for him. His parents loved her and he had always thought they would get married one day. He just wished his feelings would go back to what they were.

He sat in his room with his back to the window, staring at his computer screen as he tried to write his essay that was due tomorrow. He had left it way to late and now he was hating himself for it.

A sudden gust of wind sent a chill up his back, his heart felt like it was about to jump out of his chest as he whipped around, coming to a stop when he saw someone had come in through his open window. "What are you doing here?"

Damon smirked at him, "c'mon, don't pretend you weren't just thinking about me." He walked over to him and leaned down, putting his hands on either side of him.

"I wasn't." [name] breathed out, leaning his head down and escaping the vampires trap by going under his arms. "Look, you really can't be here."

"And why is that? Is it because you're afraid everyone is going to find out about us? Or are you afraid your girlfriend will find out that you cheated on her?" Damon taunted him, a laugh leaving his lips.

"I didn't... we didn't..." He trailed off, pursing his lips as he felt guilt and disgust enter him. "It was a one time thing and it didn't mean anything! Why can't you just leave me alone? I don't want to be around you anymore."

"Where's the fun in that? Don't be such a downer. No one will find out and they won't find out if we do it again. You can't deny it and if you do, than I know you're lying." Damon walked back over to him, not stopping until they were inches apart.

He already knew he was a bad person for what he did and he also knew that he wasn't about to make the same mistake twice. Someone like Damon Salvatore wasn't worth it. "I did like it. I fucking loved it because guess what? I'm gay and you're the one that confirmed that for me but that does not mean that I like you and I want to be with you again. Now get out of my house."

Damon scoffed, eyes darkening in anger. "Don't come crawling back to me when you're horny again because I'm not going to be there to entertain you."

Good. [name] watched as Damon sped out of his room and he let out a sigh of relief, glad that he was gone and he could finally be alone with his thoughts. It took him hours to come to a decision of what he was going to do. He couldn't hide it anymore, Caroline didn't deserve it.

★ ★ ★

He sat in his soon to be ex girlfriends room, watching as she closed her door. She turned to him with raised eyebrows. "What are you doing here so late? Are you okay? Did something happen?"

The perfect girl. "It's not something wrong but it's something really important and I just... need you to know."

"You're starting to worry me." She sat down next to him and grabbed his hand, caressing it gently. He turned to look into her beautiful blue eyes, wishing he could love her the way she wanted him to.

"I don't want you to hate me." He replied, squeezing his eyes shut as if that would protect him. She whispered comforting things in his air. "I've been feeling like this for a while now and I thought I could ignore it but something happened and now I know I can't ignore it anymore."

"Would you please just tell me what's going on-"

"I'm gay." He cut her off. Silence is what followed. He slowly looked up and saw her staring at him with wide eyes. He wanted to say something more but his words were getting caught in his throat.

"Oh, wow. Okay." She finally said. "That is kind of, really surprising. How, um, why did you wait so long to tell me?"

"I wasn't sure. Not until," this was the part that would make her hate him, "something happened between me and Damon."

"W-What happened?"

"We had sex." He whispered. "It happened a couple days ago and... I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back in time and change the way things happened. I never meant for it to happen. You're the last person in this world that I wanted to hurt."

Caroline stood up, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm just really... confused right now. I-I think you should leave. I need time to think about this." He wanted to disagree with her. To fight her so he could stay but he knew he couldn't. If she needed time, than that's what he would give her.

★ ★ ★

Two weeks later [name] was sitting at school, eating his lunch alone. He was a loner and didn't have many friends... actually, he didn't have any friends. Fortunately, he was okay with that. He looked up when he felt someone staring at him. "Caroline?"

He hadn't heard from her at all and he was starting to think she wanted nothing to do with him. "Is this seat taken?" She asked, gesturing to the spot beside him. He shook his head and she sat down. "Look, I don't care that you're gay. I mean, yeah, it sucks, I really liked you but... you can't help how you feel. I just wish you would have told me before you had cheated on me."

He winced, "I would have if I knew. I'm sorry."

She sighed, "why did it have to be Damon? I mean, he's horrible. Don't tell me you're actually dating him."

"God, no. It was just a one time thing." He shivered in disgust. "He was just there and we were both horny. Besides, I kind of like someone else."

"What? Who?" She asked with a little excitement in her voice. The rest of lunch, they talked about boys and she made him rate them from most attractive to least attractive. It brought a good laugh to both of them.

Yeah, he really didn't deserve her. He didn't think anyone deserved her. He just knew he was so lucky she was back in his life and his friend.

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio