★ | 123. can't be together, buffy the vampire slayer

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 123: Can't Be Together, Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Word Count: 1266

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 123: Can't Be Together, Buffy The Vampire SlayerWord Count: 1266

A vampire and a human. Those two things just didn't mix together and when they did, nothing good ever came from it. That's why [name] had to do this. Him and Angel just wouldn't work. No matter how much he wanted it to. That's why he stood in Angel's home, telling him they couldn't be together anymore.

He thought it would be simple. Sure, it wasn't going to be easy but he never expected Angel to put up such a fight about it. "You can't say things like this to me and expect me to be okay with it."

"I don't expect you to be okay with it. You think I am? It kills me to do this but what future do we have? We hardly ever see each other and when we do you're always holding back. Like you're afraid one wrong touch and you'll hurt me. You're always stressing and worrying about me and I don't want to put you through that."

"I don't accept that." Angel grabbed his arm and spun him around until they were inches apart, so close that one wrong move and they could be kissing. "You're doing this because it's easy. Fighting for us is what's hard. I'm willing to put up that fight. Why aren't you?"

"Let me go." [name] snapped and Angel hesitantly dropped his arm. With a huff he took a step back. "I'm doing what's best for both of us. Easy or hard it's the right thing to do. Why can't you see that?"

He would be going off to college soon and Angel would have to wait around in his home for him to come back. He felt like he was holding the vampire back and he hated it. He was a problem and the only way to fix it is to get out of Angel's life so they could both move on.

"Because I don't want to do the right thing. I want to be with you for as long as I can. The thought of being without you is worse than any hell I could experience because when I'm with you... I'm in heaven." He put his hand on [name]'s cheek, caressing it in such a soft manner that [name] couldn't help but lean into the touch.

"Why are you making this so hard?" He whimpered back. He could resist many things. Angel's touch was not one of them. He looked into those deep brown eyes that he had fallen in love with and felt himself getting lost in them, nearly making him forget what he was doing here in the first place.

"Because I want you to stay here with me. I want to fight for us."

"Even though we both know that we will only end is despair?"

"You don't know." Angel gently dragged him over to the bed and laid him down, placing himself beside him. "Something as strong as us can't ever end in despair." He leaned down and kissed him. A kiss that would make anyone's heart explode.

[name] kissed him back, clenching a wad of his shirt in his hand and spreading his legs so Angel could lie in between them. He gasped as Angel's hand went up his shirt, the touch sending shivers up his body. Why did I come here again? Was the thought circling around in his head.

The passion in the kiss only grew stronger and he found himself trying to undo the buttons of Angel's pants. He was so in the moment that all he could think about was wanting to be as close to his lover as possible. Angel continued to kiss him and [name] finally managed to get the pants undone with his shaky hands.

Before he could put them in, Angel had suddenly stopped kissing him and grabbed his hands, halting them in the direction they were going. "You know we can't."

He did know. How could have let himself be so stupid to think that was a good idea? The one and only time they had slept together Angel had turned into Angelus. It had nearly destroyed him. He quickly snatched his hands up and sat up, dragging himself away from Angel's hold, feeling like he didn't deserve it. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

Angel frowned, placing a hand on his lovers knee. "You have no idea how badly I want to. I'm the one who's sorry... because I can't give that to you."

"That's not the reason I wanted us to end!" [name] said quickly. "I would never have sex again if it meant I got to be with you. I just- I don't want to be a nuisance to you."

"A nuisance?" Angel asked, his brows furrowed on confusion. "I don't understand you. If anyone's the nuisance in this relationship it's me. I can't take you out in the daylight. I can't pleasure you... I can't grow old with you." Angel sat back, his eyes slightly watering. Now he could see why [name] didn't want to be with him.

As if reading his thoughts, [name] jumped over to him, wrapping his arms around his neck. "I don't care about any of those things. I care about the fact that I'm human and you can't let loose when you're around him. You don't talk about your past because you're afraid you will scare me and... ever since Angelus came back, I can see the guilt in your eyes every time you look at me."

At the mention of that name, Angelus flinched back, memories of the horrible things he had done to [name] flashing through his mind.

"See? That's what I mean. No matter how many times I tell you that what he did is not your fault, you don't believe. Before... that's the first time you've kissed me since you came back." He paused. "I really missed it."

"I didn't because I thought if I got to close to you it would remind you of him. I hate seeing you in distress.. especially if it's because of me."

"Angel, look at me. The only reason I'm in distress is because you think like that." He looked straight into Angel's eyes. "I am not scared of you. I do not see him when I look at you. How many times do I have to tell you that before you believe me?"

"I just don't understand why you would forgive him for what he did?"

[name] sighed. "I will never forgive him for what he did. What you really wanted to say was you don't understand why I could forgive you. It's easy, because you didn't do those things and you never would. So there was nothing to forgive."

He ran his fingers through Angel's hair as Angel placed his head on his shoulder. "Okay." Was all he said.

"Good."

Angel looked up at him. "Do you still want to leave?"

Do I still want to leave him? "No. I'm not leaving any time soon."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio

Not going to brag but I've been so good with updating this book. I've updated once a day for like... a couple days. That's pretty good for me. I'm trying to focus all my attention on one book so I can complete it and I choose this book because it is the most fun with write.

The next imagine will be an Attack On Titan one which will hopefully be posted tomorrow if I can keep to this one update a day thing.