★ | 117. trying to forget, gossip girl

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 117: Trying To Forget, Gossip Girl
Word Count: 1127

"You want to know why I don't want to be with you anymore? Because I'm sick of all this fucking drama! I can't go one day without having to worry about something involving you and you missing my birthday so you could go play detective with your fr...

"You want to know why I don't want to be with you anymore? Because I'm sick of all this fucking drama! I can't go one day without having to worry about something involving you and you missing my birthday so you could go play detective with your friends is the last straw. We're done!"

"Please don't do this. Please don't leave me!"

"Wake up!" Chuck shook him roughly and Nate jumped up on the couch, sweat dripping down his face. "You were groaning in your sleep. I assume your having another nightmare. Have some coffee." He put the drink on the table in front of him.

Nate sighed, sitting up and rubbing the back of his neck. He wished he could go one night without having the memory of [name] breaking up with him in his nightmares. He grabbed the coffee and took a sip, not caring that it burned his throat.

"Why don't you just call him if you miss him so much? I mean, it has to be better than getting drunk every night and passing out on my couch." Chuck shook his head.

"You don't think I've tried? He blocked my number. Besides, when I'm drunk at least I can try to forget about the pain I'm feeling." He clenched his fists tightly. "Please don't give me a hard time. My head is killing me."

"Yeah and you're killing me with always being here. How am I supposed to spend time with Blair when I have to babysit you?" Half his tone was joking and the other half was serious. Chuck was really starting to worry about him.

"Sorry. I guess I'll just head home." He stood up, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"You don't have to leave. I just want you to take better care of yourself." Chuck honestly didn't know what to say anymore to get Nate to listen to him.

Nate waved his hand. "No. Seriously, it's fine. I gotta head home anyway. You know, I got things to do and everything." He mumbled, picking up his jacket and wrapping it around himself.

After he left, Chuck snatched his phone out of his pocket and clicked on the contact he wanted to call before holding it up to his ear. He waited for a couple seconds before the phone was answered. "Meet me in an hour in the bar of Bass hotel. I need to talk to you."

★ ★ ★

Exactly an hour later, Chuck sat in the bar and the person he wanted to talk to arrived and sat down next to him. "I'm glad you decided to come. Do you want a drink?"

[name] raised his eyebrows. "What do you want Chuck? You didn't just ask me to come over here to hang out. You wanted to talk about something so lets just get it over with so I can go home."

He looked almost as bad as Nate. "Fine. You need to do something about Nate because I can't handle being his babysitter anymore. So why don't you just unblock his number, let him apologise and forgive him."

A scoff was heard from the man next to him. "That's why you asked me to come down? Mine and Nate's relationship is none of your business so I'll be leaving if that's all."

"Can you please hear me out? I know what he did was a shit move to you but he really was just helping his friends and he regrets it. He love you and he's trying to do everything to get in contact with you. He fucked up. I'm not saying he didn't but don't be stubborn for the sake of being stubborn. After everything he has gone through now I can promise you he will never miss an event involving you again."

[name] sat in silence before breathing deeply. "He's your best friend so I get why you're saying this but I really don't think it's a good idea for me and him to get back together. I love him but I'm sick of being ignored and left out when it comes to you and the others."

"The only reason he doesn't involve you is because he wants to protect you and doesn't want you to get into any unnecessary drama." Chuck stood up, throwing some money on the table. "I can tell you what to do but just think about it. There's no reason for you both to be unhappy when there's a solution."

[name] watched him leave the room and he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. What in the world was he supposed to do?

★ ★ ★

He knocked on the front door of Nate's house a couple days later after having some time to think about everything. "Hey..." He greeted when the door opened.

Nate looked at him wide eyed. "[name]? W-What are you doing here?"

"I figured it was about time we talk. I can't ignore you forever, right?" He sighed deeply. "Can I come in?" Nate moved to the side quickly and he walked into the house. "I know this is sudden. Are you busy? Do you want me to leave?"

"No! Please don't leave. I'm really happy you're here." Nate smiled. "I-I didn't think you were going to talk to me again."

"I thought the same thing but a couple days ago... Chuck wanted to talk to me and he said a few things that got me thinking and I decided I really needed to see you." He paused. "Do you want to talk about us? Or... have you moved on?"

"Are you kidding? Of course I haven't moved on. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. You already know how I feel about us. I want nothing more than for us to get back together and... I'm really hoping you feel the same way."

"I do but there is many things we need to talk about before that happens. Such as including me when you or your friends are in any sort of trouble. It's not unnecessary drama if it's that."

"Done." Nate answered almost immediately.

"Oh, um... cool. Are there any problems you had with me that you want to talk about?"

"Nope. You're perfect." Nate smiled widely and jumped forward to wrap his arms around [name] but before he could, he dodged out of the way and Nate looked at him confused. "I thought we were back together?"

"What? We're not just automatically back together. We have to take things slow. I don't want to jump head first into anything."

"...okay but I want you to know that I'm not going to hurt you again. I promise."

★ ★ ★

Authors Note: See below!

Consider supporting me on Patreon and/or following me on YouTube 💕 Links in my bio