Xiaojun

«your pov»

"take my shift, please." my friend begged me. i was cleaning the counter, almost finishing up my shift. "ugh, fine. just leave me alone. but take over mine, when i tell you." i said throwing the towel on the counter. she jumped up and down happily. "youre lucky that its night shift and barely people come. or else, i wouldve said no." i said. she chuckled. "bye!" i heard her yell. the bell rang, indicating she left. i put the towel back where it belongs. the bell rings again. "you're back. i thought you had that date." i said, not looking up at who it was. "do... we know eachother?" a male voice said. i look up and it was a two boys. "jun, you have a date?!" the other said, i knew him as ten. he was in most of my classes in collage, but he dropped out. "sorry. i thought you were my friend. anyway, what can i get you guys?" i asked. "two green tea ice cream." the one named 'jun' said. they paid and jun sat down. "its late, what are you doing still working?" ten said. "had to take over a shift. what are you doing this late?" i asked him. "just chilling with my friend." he said pointing to him. "jun...? how'd you meet him? last time i check you only had johnny, kun, guanheng, and sicheng." i said. "oh, dejun? i met him trough guanheng." he answered. i nod my head. "so... when are you gonna give me the ice cream?" ten asked.

i gave them their ice cream and sat at their table. "so... dejun, what do you do?" i asked the boy next to ten. "if you want to fuck him just say it." ten said. "hey! im tryna make friends... im not the same as before. not saying that i did that!" i said, defending myself. ten chuckled. "you literally fucked sicheng and i... oh and that senior yixing." ten said. i rolled my eyes. "yixing was my boyfriend. sicheng was cause he needed help to get a girl and i helped him with the things... but we got carried away. and you... we were both drunk." i said, emphasizing 'was'. "blah blah, what about wenhan?" ten asked. "i go to collage for theatre." dejun answered my question from before. "thats cool!" i said with a smile. awkward silence took over us.

kkak... kkak... kkak...

"when do you close?" ten asked. i shrugged. "dont know... i think at 12." i answered. i checked the time. "in three hours." i said. "we'll stay. its too late for you to walk alone." dejun said. i nod my head, but declined the offer. "its fine. im used to walking alone this late." i said. the bell rang, another costumer. "ill be back." i said and left to take the order.

i grabbed my things from my locker. i checked my phone, a lot of notifs. i ignored them and closed my locker. i went back to the boys. "we can exit from the back." i said without looking at them. i flipped the sign to 'closed' and locked the door. i turned and only dejun was there. "erm... ten had to leave early." dejun said. i nod my head and walked ahead. "you know... you dont have to walk me home. this isnt the first time i took over a late night shift." i said. dejun stayed quiet. i closed the back door, the warm temperature hitting my face. "i dont have to, but im not gonna let a girl walk alone. especially if she is one of tens friend." he said.

the walk was quiet. "thanks... i guess. can i do anything... as return." i said, playing with my fingers. "i cant think of anything..." he mumbled. "i'll give you my number, text me when you think of something." i said with a smile. he handed me his phone, i typed in my number.

86.xxx.xxxx

hey
its dejun

oh hi!

just making sure its the right number

it is
did you get home safe?

yeah
oh ten is calling me

you should go, text me if you
want anything