BIRD SET FREE

"Clipped wings, I was a broken thing

Had a voice, had a voice but I could not sing

You would wind me down

I struggled on the ground"

- bird set free, sia

AQUILA CADMAN HAD changed her identity more times that she would care to admit. Ever since the age of twelve, she has been running from her past, often spending many a night at the bottom of a bottle doing anything to forget the horrors of her past.

SHE WAS NAMED after the constellation of the eagle, but these days she doesn't feel like soaring through the skies. Almost like if she did, she would crash and burn.

SHE USED TO be a warrior defending her country against enemy threats despite her young age, but shortly after being gifted the ability to transform into an eagle at will, she was forever running.

THERE SEEMED TO be no end to the tunnel of despair that was until a woman with bright red hair and piercing green eyes managed to track her down and attempts to recruit her into the Avengers Initiative.

AQUILA IS FINALLY forced to stop running and confront her past. The very thought terrifies her. However, with the help of one Natasha Romanoff, a woman also running from the horrors of her past, Aquila could be a bird set free once again. 

"The horrors of someone's past

Does not define their future."

playlist:

i. bird set free - sia, ii. here i am - tommee profitt, iii. legends never die - league of legends, iv. gasoline - halsey, v. girls like girls - hayley kiyoko, vi. just a girl - no doubt, vii. ashes - celine dion, viii. wreak havoc - skylar grey, viii. confident - demi lovato, ix. whatever it takes - imagine dragons, x. i kissed a girl - katy perry, xi. girls/girls/boys - panic! at the disco, xii. new romantics - taylor swift, xiii tequila - dan + shay, ixx. jar of hearts - christina perri.

starring:

alicia vikander as aquila cadman

scarlett johansson as natasha romanoff

the mcu cast as their respective characters

disclaimer: 

I do not own the rights to Marvel. The rights all belong to the MCU as well as characters belong to Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. 

Mild swearing, violence, some mature themes and of course spoilers ahead. If any themes or opinions in this book upset you in any way, feel free to message me or just don't read the book.

All ideas, my OC and any new plotlines in this book belong to me, if you wish to write a book similar of with any new plotlines feel free to ask me. 

notes:

This book is a part of the Twists of Fate series.

This book takes place from the first Avengers movie to Avengers Endgame. 

This is my first time writing Marvel fanfiction, so please bear with me if I make any mistakes and feel free to kindly point them out in the comments. 

first published: 13/06/2019

completed: 13/02/2020