Chapter Twenty-Two

Aquila had been very glad that by the time she finally made it to bed on the night of her return that her floor specially designed by Tony to fit into the tower, had been left exactly as she had left it. 

It only added to the pleasing sense of familiarity that had surrounded her since her return. 

But as Saturday evening approached Aquila found herself with another dilemma. What on earth to wear.

This, of course, was coming from the girl who lived in leather jackets and combat boots, was now contemplating which dress to wear, because after all this was far from her area of expertise.

"You need some help there?" A voice asked from behind her and Aquila whipped around to see her redhead smirking at her. 

"Um. . .yeah." Aquila finally said once she had realized that she was staring.  "It's not exactly my area of expertise."

Even when she had ended up going clubbing in her younger years, she rarely ended up wearing a dress, preferring to stick her jeans and an often revealing top instead. 

"What about this one then?" Natasha asked, pulling a maroon skater dress from her cupboard, one that Aquila had long forgotten she had ever bought. 

"Yeah, sure. Let me just try it on." Aquila said, taking the dress from Natasha's hands before slipping into her bathroom. 

When she finally emerged again, the dress clinging to her body perfectly, it was Natasha's turn to stare. 

"You look hot." Natasha finally said. 

"Thank you," Aquila said calmly, even though she felt like jumping up and down inside. "So do you."

"Do you need help with anything else?" Natasha asked. 

"No, I think I've got it from here, Nat," Aquila said. "Thank you."

"No problem. I'll see you down there." Natasha said, her eyes still lingering on Aquila even as she walked away. 

Aquila finished preparing herself for the party, trying to get rid of the blush that hadn't left her cheeks since her interaction with Natasha. 

But eventually, she made it to the party that was already in full swing. 

"About time." Steve greeted her the second she stepped into the room. "I was wondering when you would show up."

"Well, you know parties aren't my favorite things in the world," Aquila replied with a shrug."

"Don't lie to me, Aquila." Steve teased. "You are far from innocent, I've heard the stories from Tony."

"Which ones?" Aquila teased, watching as the Captain in front of her turned bright red. 

"Uh. . . I don't think. . ." 

"It's alright, Cap. I'm not going to make you repeat some of my recent escapades."

"Recent?" Steve choked out. 

"I don't exactly have a boring life, Captain."

"Oh, come on." Steve eventually said recovering from the shock. "There's two people who want to see you."

Steve started to lead her over to the two people standing by the pool table, whom she recognized immendiantely. 

"You brought her?" Aquila questioned looking up at Steve teasingly at the immediate sight of the small blonde in front of them. 

"Quinn? Yeah, of course, I did. I haven't seen her in weeks. It was a perfect opportunity."

"Sure, that's all it was." Aquila muttered but Steve still picked up on what she said.