Chapter Fifty-One

"Nat?" 

Aquila Cadman entered into the room where her wife was currently sitting in, staring at the wall absentmindedly. 

"Hey, Quila."

"Just dropped Harley off with my mum, she's all sorted," Aquila said into the silence of the room before dropping down to sit beside Natasha. 

"He's in Toyko." 

Silence filled the gap between them again as they both thought about the friend that had been missing from their lives too long.

"The Quinjet is leaving soon, I'm going to get him and bring him home," Natasha mumbled. 

"Alright, I'll come then."

"No."

"What?" 

"You need to stay here, Quila. Keep the team together. I've got to do this, alone, he did the same for me."

"You sure?" Aquila asked, pulling Natasha into her arms. "Because I'm sure the boys can deal for just a few days. Besides I'm sure there are a few good restaurants in Tokyo, how does dinner and a stay in a fancy hotel sound?"

"You do realize you don't have to keep arranging dates, you've already married me."

"True, true," Aquila said with a laugh in her smile. "So, it's still a no then?"

"It's a no, for now. But that idea of yours doesn't sound too bad once this whole mess is over and done with, yeah?"

"Yeah," Aquila replied before it was her turn to fall back into silence. "I just can't believe that this might actually work. We are going to get to see them all again."

"We are. . . whatever it takes. And maybe then we can do the whole wedding thing over again, with all members of the party again."

"I'd like that." Aquila giggled only to catch Natasha looking at her. "What?"

"I can't believe how goddamn lucky I got."

"Well, you are stuck with this mess for life now, your decision."

"God, I love you."

"Well, it's a really good thing that I love you too then."

"You really can't be serious for a second can you?"

"Nope," Aquila said, picking herself up from the ground. "So the Quinjet is leaving in twenty or so, right?"

"Yeah, it is. I probably need to go get-"

"That should be enough time," Aquila mumbled, leaving the room. 

"What was that?" 

"You heard me. Come on, Romanoff I don't have all day."

Natasha just rolled her eyes glancing around the room once more, before following her girl out of the room. 

"Keira!" Aquila's happy squeal ripped through the compound, throwing her arms around her friend. 

She had just come from one of the labs where she had been watching while Bruce and Nebula worked on the Quantum Realm suits, only to come out and find Keira and Tony helping out as well. The whole team was pretty much together again, something that only a week ago had seemed impossible. 

Keira shot Aquila a broad smile, just as happy to be home as the rest of them were. "Let's get on with it, people! We've got time travel to work out!"

"Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!"

"I'm being very careful!"