Epilogue

Dear Quila,

If you are currently reading this, I'm assuming that Steve has given it to you in the event of an unfortunate death on my part, unless you are Tony, in that case, you better stop snooping around or I swear to god I will tell Keira about that time you broke the vase her mother gave you.

I know that you have written a letter for me in the case of your own death, which will not happen I can promise you. I am going to do everything in my power to prevent that. And considering Tony has done the same, I thought that I should just in case. 

Of course, I have full faith that it's all going to work out just fine, but I just wanted to make sure I have this as a precautionary measure. 

I have been so blessed to have been loved and to love you over the last few years ever since that first meeting in that dark bar all those years ago. You have always loved me despite my mistakes and flaws and I have never been happier in my entire life then when I am with you.

We've built a family over the last few years, it's, of course, dysfunctional and strange but I'm so glad for it regardless. I honestly had always thought that I wasn't worthy of one until I found you. My only regret is that we didn't get to start a family of our own, although adopting Harley was already one of the best days of my life. 

I'm just so glad that even if this mission doesn't go to plan I'm leaving you behind with people who will love you in my absence. I don't want you to wait for me, if it works out, go find someone else, someone who will love you just as much or even more than I have. 

I will love you forever, and being able to call you, my best friend, my girlfriend and then eventually my wife has been the best times of my life. 

I am always going to be by your side, whether it always seems like it or not. This is not the end, Quila. We will see each other again someday, but for now, this is goodbye. 

Love, 

Nat

Aquila Cadman wiped quickly at her eyes, scratching Harley on the head when she came in to lick her tears away. Aquila sat on the stairs of their home, the door locked and furniture covered inside. 

A small suitcase was packed beside her, Harley's things packed into her crate that was also sitting nearby. 

The two of them were finally going home, for a long-overdue visit back to the Uzumati tribe. Aquila had actively avoided going there over the last five years as too many people were missing, and her heart couldn't take it anymore. 

But with Keira and Isabella working out how to continue living with Tony, Steve and Quinn were starting their new life together and Bea and Peter had returned back to school for an adventure of their own. 

Although Aquila still held her family close, she wanted to give them the time they deserved without her. 

She was now a bird set free, she could literally go anywhere that she wanted to without worrying about anything.