Chapter Thirty

Aquila sat on the Quinjet, her foot tapping against the floor as they touched down in Sokovia. 

"Ultron knows we're coming," Steve said, looking all of them directly in the eye. "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for, the people of Sokovia? They didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace and that's not gonna happen today but we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building."

Aquila smirked at Steve as it seemed his speech-making abilities to rile them up before a mission only got better the longer that he was an Avenger. 

"We find Romanoff," Steve continued, looking over to Aquila, recusing Natasha was a mission that had been given to her and Bruce. "And, we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

Aquila with Bruce following behind her quickly made their way towards the Hydra Base that they had infiltrated only a few weeks ago. 

Aquila was ready to fight again once Natasha was safe again but she could sense that once Natasha was rescued, Bruce wanted to get as far from there as possible. The world had already seen the Hulk and Bruce was scared of the publicity his last appearance had caused. 

But the team would try to not have the situation call for a code green if they could help it. 

Fallen bricks crushed under Aquila's footsteps as they walked further into the building, hoping to find Natasha in the basement. 

"Natasha!" Aquila called out.

"Aquila?"

"Oh, thank goodness." Aquila breathed as she turned the corner to see Natasha looking a little worse for wear but alright. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"The team's in the city, it's about to light up," Bruce said from behind Aquila.

"I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere?" Natasha asked. 

"Actually we did," Aquila replied, gesturing to Bruce to hand her the blaster gun that they had found while looking through the building for Natasha. "Back up."

Natasha backed up, tucking herself behind a wall as Aquila easily blew the lock off the door, the bars creaking ominously as Aquila helped Natasha throw them open. 

Natasha quickly threw her arms around Aquila, enjoying the chance to have her arms around her for once. 

"So that discussion we need to have. . ." Aquila trailed off with a chuckle, before quickly kissing Natasha in relief even though Bruce was standing right by.

"So," Natasha said as they broke apart. "What's our play?"

"We've got to get out of here," Bruce said, just as the ground started to shake, debris falling down around them. 

"Bruce. . ." Natasha trailed off. 

"I think we will need the other guy." Aquila finished. 

It didn't take long for Bruce to completely transform into the Hulk and Aquila to transform into Talons. 

"Go be a hero," Natasha told Hulk before allowing Aquila to pick up Natasha in her talons.

"I just thought I should say before we attempt this that I've never done this before."

"Well, if you drop me, it will only be to my death."

"You are not helping," Aquila muttered.